• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sue Adobe for use of photoshop on second computer

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So have CS6 on one computer and have tried to put it one the second, which is my licensed right.  All I get is the instructions to download the trial, endless calls on hold and transfers.  Okay Adobe, I guess we can settle in small claims. I have spent hours on the phone with people that want access to my computer, don't speak English and keep running me through the same song and dance the last person did.  Buyer beware.  Adobe support is bullshit and they want to run you down, tire you out and have you give up on what you paid for.  I will be calling corporate in the morning, and if I don't get this resolved will bring a small claims suit against them.  The products are expensive and I have several, none of which are now usable on my new computer.  Tired of your crap

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or you could lose the attitude, get a clue, and let us help you fix your problem.  It won't be hard so long as you have the serial number, and the software is not already activated on two other computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you didn't read my complaint.  It is registered on ONE computer I do have my serial number.  I want to add it to a second computer as stated.  I have an attitude because I have already spent 6 hours trying to get my product, I purchased, on a second computer.  It shouldn't be this difficult.  I have spoke with 10 different people, been transferred as many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe it or not, but this is not a conspiracy. It's a technical glitch in the installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

repuda3  wrote

Apparently you didn't read my complaint.  It is registered on ONE computer I do have my serial number.  I want to add it to a second computer as stated.  I have an attitude because I have already spent 6 hours trying to get my product, I purchased, on a second computer.  It shouldn't be this difficult.  I have spoke with 10 different people, been transferred as many times.

OK, but this is a user forum. There are no Adobe employees here, so we are not obliged to help you.  That means we make decisions based on the tone of your post.  We are also a wee bit better at fixing your Photoshop problems than the phone help people who reply on expert systems.  So if you want to actually solve your problem rather than let off steam, we need to know stuff like:

What operating system you are using?
Where did you source the installation file(s)?

Have you run the Cleaner tool?

Without knowing anything about your situation, I would advise.

Download the installation files from half way down this page

Download Adobe CS6 Trials: Direct Links (no Assistant or Manager) | ProDesignTools

Download an run the Cleaner tool (ignore that it says it is for CC.  It will work fine)

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Restart your computer to give it a nice clean environment to work with.

Run the installation file in Admin mode (if Windows - I don't know about OSX)

A couple more thoughts.

Have you ever had Photoshop CC installed on the problem computer?  Even the trial period.  That could possibly mess you up because the CC Application Manager has the option to install CS6 as a Previous Version but it is a completely different installation process, and might leave residual files on your system.

Have you checked the Installation FAQ?

Adobe Creative Suite 6 installation instructions

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines