• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom update won't work

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here I am again, sorry, but I started a topic on this forum which redirected me to the live chat which redirected me here once again.

So I recently bought Lightroom 6 (the app not the creative cloud) and installed it on my computer. Since I shoot RAW files on a sony camera (SRW), Adobe Lightroom 6.0 can't read the files so I NEED the updates. Now when I download the latest update (6.12) and try to install it, I get this message:

UPDATE FAILED

The updates can't be applied

If you'd like to update, contact your adminstrator because he has deleted the updates.

By the way this may not be the exact message because it's a rough translation from french.

I'm on a PC, windows 8.1 and the current version of Lightroom i have right now is 6.0.

I tried those following steps:

-uninstall and install again (both Lightroom and the updates)

-check the registery (but there were no files about adobe in it)

-disable firewall/excute as admin

None of them worked.

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it says something about your administrator, either your company has prevented you from installing your own updates, or you are not applying the updates with administrator access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thing is its the computer I have at home. I only have one account on it and it's adminstator. But I made sure to launch the updates as as admin (right click/ launch as admin). I also shut down my firewall completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the same kind of error on my MacBook Pro.   Had Lightroom 6.x (stand alone) running fine.  thought I'd better get the latest update.   I saw there was 6.12.   I got a little tangled up in the choices for updates, so maybe that caused a problem.  But now with my Lightroom Uninstalled, I am prevented from re-installing the latest download.   The error message reads

Application Specific Information:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: 'launch path not accessible'

I am now wondering about security software - perhaps that is inhibiting the installation/updates.

Did you ever solve this problem on your PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

launch path not accessible means probably that the permissions are set wrong on the Lightroom folder.

>I am now wondering about security software - perhaps that is inhibiting the installation/updates

That is definitely possible. What kind of security software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines