• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat crashes while trying to reduce file size

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to reduce the file size of a PDF, so I go to "save as other" then "reduced file size" and the program crashes every time at the stage of "subsetting embedded fonts."  I have tried updating adobe and restarting the computer.  I have also found this in other forums but not seen any answers.  Any help would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the following details:

- The application version you are on? Launch Acrobat and go to 'Help->About Adobe Acrobat' and give the version details from the screen.

- Are you on windows or MAC?

- Is this issue specific to some files or are you seeing this with every file you try with?

- Can you share one of such files with us?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using this version: 2017 Release (Continuos)  Version 2017.012.20093 on a Macbook Pro, this does not happen with all files, just this one that is particularly long and complex and big (50 MB).  I would not want to share it publicly, but could I send it to you privately?  I tried it on another Mac with Adobe Acrobat XI Version 11.2.20 and got the error message "PDF document contained images that were not downsampled."  I hope that helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the exact same issue, feel free to check my file.

ShareFile

Mac OSX 10.12.6 (16G29)

Acrobat Pro DC

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 17.12.20098.240878

AGM: 4.30.71

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.38798

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines