• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image sizing dialogue is greyed out when exporting from Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I want to set the dimensions and resolution for images when exporting from Lightroom CC, but the image sizing dialogue is greyed out.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Chris F

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

You can't resize to a dng. The dng file is still a raw image. The main difference between the cr2 and the dng is that the dng includes all of the metadata embedded in the file. You have to export to jpg or tiff if you want to resize, but those files are not raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

You've probably set Image Format to "Original" in the File Settings section. Choose one of the other options.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hal, thanks for your response.

I think I got off on the wrong foot here. I'm saving from cr2 to dng so the greyed out dialogue must be a default.

My question should perhaps have been ~ when I open the dng files in Photoshop CC the dimensions are 3456 x 5184 pixels at 600dpi.

Is it possible to change these settings in Lightroom or are they a default?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't resize to a dng. The dng file is still a raw image. The main difference between the cr2 and the dng is that the dng includes all of the metadata embedded in the file. You have to export to jpg or tiff if you want to resize, but those files are not raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chrisf37122311  wrote

My question should perhaps have been ~ when I open the dng files in Photoshop CC the dimensions are 3456 x 5184 pixels at 600dpi.

Is it possible to change these settings in Lightroom or are they a default?

In Camera Raw, click the Workflow settings (blue link at the bottom) to change dimensions and ppi for opening in Photoshop.

Theresa J​ wrote:

The main difference between the cr2 and the dng is that the dng includes all of the metadata embedded in the file.

Actually, the difference is that with proprietary raw files (like CR2), the metadata is written to an XMP file, with DNG it is written to the header of the file. In both cases, you have to tell Lightroom to do this, it does not happen by default.

To write metadata to file, select the file in Library, and go to Metdata > Save metadata to file.

You can also tell Lightroom to do this by default by going to Catalog settings and in the Metadata tab check Automatically write changes into XMP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines