• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

YouTube license usage

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm not sure about what type of license should I use...

I want to use an image under my music on YouTube as a background image. Hopefully it will be more than 500,000 views.

So, my question is: what type of license should I use for this kind of usage? Standard or extended?

Maybe standard license is enough because I will use it just in the YouTube video and posted it on the popular social sites and my website.

I found this in the Adobe Stock Terms:

"(B) Standard License Specific Restrictions. In addition to the restrictions in section 4 below: (1) you may not cause or allow any Work to be reproduced more than 500,000 times in total. For example, a Work may not appear on more than 500,000 printed materials (flyers, advertisements, covers, packages, etc.). Likewise, the Work may not be incorporated in a television program, video, or other digital production if the audience is expected to be greater than 500,000 viewers, in total. This restriction does not apply to Works that are displayed on a website, Social Media Sites, or mobile applications"

All the best!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Hi Ferenc,

I would suggest, you use an Extended license.

See Stock photos, royalty-free images, graphics, vectors & videos | Adobe Stock for more details.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ferenc,

I would suggest, you use an Extended license.

See Stock photos, royalty-free images, graphics, vectors & videos | Adobe Stock for more details.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

Thanks for your answer. Another questions
- Can I upgrade my current license? And how?

- And what about "less then 500,000 views" YouTube videos? Is it enough the standard license for them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such up-gradation of license.

So you can license the image as a standard license or extended license as per your requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! One of my Youtube video is almost over 500,000 views (with standard image license)
Is it okay, if I buy this image again with extended license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Please use an extended license for that image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay! Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and what about the images which I bought on Dollar Photo Club a year ago? What kind of license terms refer to regarding to broadcast views? I bought them 1 USD/pic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ferenc,

Since Dollar Photo Club is taken over by Adobe Stock, the legal terms and use of license are the same as Adobe Stock.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Okay.

Is there any chance to buy extended license with my plan? "Adobe Stock - 10 images a month (one-year)‎"

If not then I want to cancel my plan because the 500,000 views limitation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ferenc,

Extended licenses are available for all images (photos, vectors and illustrations), on demand for $79.99 and they do not come under plans.

Please see Stock FAQ: What are Extended licenses?

Also, you may refer Extended Licenses now available on Adobe Stock | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe for more details.

I would advise you to  Contact Customer Care for cancellation requests.

**Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link above**

Please refer to Legal subscription terms | Adobe  as well.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started