Expand my Community achievements bar.

Manage DTM Legacy Users & Marketing Cloud

Level 1

I have a mixed bag of users in DTM - some are legacy while others are in the Cloud.  I need to delete or edit permissions for the legacy users but since they are not listed in the Cloud I don't have access to them.

Does anyone have a trick to manage these legacy DTM users?

'Thanks in advance!

6 Replies

Level 10

You'd need to manage those legacy users in the DTM user interface.

If you'd like to enforce that all users of DTM be Experience Cloud users, there is a setting that customer care can enable. You can call in and ask them to restrict DTM logins to the Experience Cloud. While your at it, you should have them also enable users management in the cloud. This will allow you to manage all the permissions for your Cloud users in the cloud rather than through DTM.

Level 1

Can you tell me how to do that?  When I go directly into DTM and look at users there is no way to edit them there.  I get a message that says:

Please go to Adobe Enterprise Dashboard to manage the list of users assigned to this company.

Click here for more information about user management in Adobe Enterprise Dashboard.

Here is the screenshot.  There is no edit button for the legacy (non-marketing cloud) users:

legacyDTMUsers.PNG

Employee

Hi burnTheWitch​,

There a configuration which can be reverted to give you access to edit users in DTM and that can only be done by ClientCare. Hence, to get this any of the Supported Users in your organization needs to connect with ClientCare and request this change.

Level 10

So if you're seeing that message, that means your DTM company is already set to manage users in the Experience Cloud Admin Console. That's a good thing because eventually, all customers will be migrated to using the Admin Console for all their solution permissions.

If you need to edit those users that are legacy, I would encourage a quick call to customer care. They can either remove the users for you or they can revert the setting like Kaushalendra​ mentioned.

Level 2

Jantzen.Belliston Is this also the case for Adobe Analytics Users? Can we enable a setting with customer care to solely manage users in the Admin Console rather then having to do both?

Right now when I add users to a User Group with a Product Profile, it doesn't get reflected to the Adobe User Management (legacy) Groups, I have to manually add them in both.

Level 10

Analytics is in the process of transitioning their user management to the Adobe Admin console. In fact, I'm actually working to setup a few webinars with the product team to talk about the upcoming changes. Stay tuned to our @AdobeExpCare twitter handle and watch for announcements on the community for the upcoming webinar. You'll be able to register for one of our sessions and see whats coming and ask any questions that you might have.