• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] How to Install Photoshop CC on a Drive Other than C:

Engaged ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchase and installed Photoshop CC on one of my computers. I'm now ready to install it on the second one. But this Win 7 PC is running short of space on its C: drive. I want to install the files onto its D: drive. But the installer does not allow me the choice to do that.

Is there a way to do it?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can configure the installation destination within the Creative Cloud applications preferences.  Please be aware that there will still be shared resources stored to your primary drive.  In addition during the install process temporary files will also be created on your primary drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the prompt and helpful reply, Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought doing what you suggested would be easy. But I cannot find the page where I set the preferences on the CC page after I log in. I guess I am going to need more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don you can find additional details at http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html.

In addition once you access the preferences you will want to click on the App tab.  You will then want to click Choose to adjust the install location.

App Preference Tab.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will try it once I return home.

-

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will try it once I return home.

-

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I am not home now, but will try it as soon as I return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be the way to do this if I'm trying to install this on PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2016 Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same deal - Go to cogwheel -> Settings -> The first page of settings will have an option for installation location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried this... error comes up saying not enough space on D drive.  Its got 500Gb free... how much does it need?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted Same Solution. Thanks. Fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does that mean it's mandatory to install on the primary drive?  One can't edit their registry to have Adobe CC + Apps/Software installed to a secondary drive?  I run my OS on a SSD, and I would really like to keep the clutter to a minimum on that drive..  So installing to that second drive is going to be important for me..

A thorough response would be greatly appreciated..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevinson you can find details in post #4 of this discussion on how to customize the install location.  It is necessary to install the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application, shared resources, and temporary files for the installation process on the primary drive. 

The Creative Cloud applications do support installation to a custom location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can that be?! I'm not following. Please help me understand here. I switched back to Adobe, and PC for that matter. But now I'm having issues with my Memory not being enough room. Only since I've updated to the new CC, but that could be a different issue. So I thought why not install programs on my D drive, my secondary drive. Free up space, all good, nope. How can we be expected to have all those files,

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application, shared resources, and temporary files for the installation process on the primary drive.

The Creative Cloud applications do support installation to a custom location.

on one drive? Please help us in this Memory issue. I would love to keep editing with Adobe, but I simply can't if I can't change the install locations of the programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2016 Oct 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C2SMalice are you referring to memory/RAM or hard drive space?  You seem to be using the term Memory but then referring to the hard drive space available on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So first off @ kglad why do apps and programs have to be different now ? and now to all, is Adobe CC taking up double space, as and app, and also a program??? But that's more or less not what I've come to post on.

@jeff@Jeff a Wright, I am referring to both.  At times, now it hasn't happen in a while, but when rending, I would run out of RAM/Memory. Notifications popping up saying i'm using all 16GB with a 3 minute video. i've let that issue rest.

That major issues yes Liggliluff​ Got right, Adobe use to let US CHOOSE what location to install programs. NOW Not so much. Is That more clear Jeff? I wanted more room on my Primary Drive, but I couldn't clear CC off it cause I can't choose the install locations.

To get around this, I have to change my windows settings and all that jazz. But now my current primary is filled with all that extra Adobe misc files that no one ever knows what for. Any way you can help us clear up some adobe files to free up some space?? I've already cleared most my Render Files and My Saves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C2SMalice there are shared resources which are required to install on the primary drive.  You are welcome to attempt to customize the environmental variables to redirect locations such as your temp directory and User folder to a different partition.  As long as implemented properly then the Creative Cloud application would redirect itself to the new location.

C2SMalice my suggestion would be to use a larger partition as your primary boot drive.  The drive can contain your operating system, applications, and have sufficient space for temporary files while rendering.  You can then use a secondary partition to store your documents and any large files such as video and audio files.

It sounds like Kglad is using a similar setup, from his response in message #17, successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It is necessary to install the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application, shared resources, and temporary files for the installation process on the primary drive."

Necessary why?  It's pretty crappy software design to force your users to install to and store files in a location that may be very short on space when there's another perfectly good drive with plenty of space available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files in question take up very little room.  The rest of the applications can go on other drives within the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have all my executables (including much more than adobe's programs) on my c drive and i have used less than 60gb.  my production files, downloads, music etc are on another drive and occupy over 550gb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation process seems to have changed. Now it installs directly on the primary drive without letting the user change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what installs on the primarty drive?  the cc desktop app (<650mb), yes.  the cc programs (each 1-2gb), no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried setting the installation location to my D; drive but CC installed them on my C: drive anyway. Any Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mattl2093628 please re-review this discussion.  The Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application will be installed on the C: drive.  The setting you adjusted only affects the install location of Adobe applications such as Photoshop CC 2017. 

Even those installations will still require available space on the C: drive for shared components and temporary files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines