Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Publish online" hangs at 49%, then Adobe account deactivates

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm using publish online to regularly post a magazine from INDD. After a recent update to CC, the upload of this magazine freezes at 49%. Strangely, I also get messages that my Adobe account has been deactivated and then I am unable to use any CC apps.

I've spoken to Adobe support twice about this, and both times they reactivate my account, which works until I try to upload again. Not sure if it's document-specific because there is only one document I upload using publish online.

Has anyone else encountered this? One of the emails I got from Adobe came from their legal compliance team. Is it possible they're scanning for copyrighted content?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which (exact) version of InDesign and OS?

Try resetting your InDesign preferences: Close InDesign. Then hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and relaunch InDesign. Respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences.

If that doesn't work uninstall InDesign using the drop-down in the Creative Cloud app (see screen shot below), then run the Adobe Cleaner: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems  before reinstalling InDesign.

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 19.31.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running INDD 2017.0 build 12.0.0.81 on MacOS 10.10.5

Thanks for the suggestions, Derek Cross​

Clearing prefs allowed me to do a single upload, but the second half of the upload was corrupted, showing page previews, but not showing pages, as tested in latest safari and firefox.

Second upload attempt errored out and deactivated my account again. Very strange. I have the error code screencapped, but it's at work. I will post tomorrow.

Next, I'll try to uninstall and report results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version is CC2017.1 (which may also help).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I upgraded to 2017.1. No luck there. Doc uploaded, but now the URL says "document cannot be found"

I asked two colleagues to try this upload, and their accounts were deactivated as well. One is on Windows 7, the other same Mac versions as me (prior to my update to 2017.1)

I'm working with Adobe support, but they've been little help so far. I keep getting transferred around. Nobody seems to know why the accounts are deactivating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have college who is experiencing littrally the same thing as ryanf. Any words?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried my second suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Derek, thanks for the suggestion. For the moment, I'm going to wait on reinstall.

Adobe legal team has confirmed that the document I'm attempting to upload is triggering content filters and deactivating my account, but they won't go into specifics yet.

I'll post here when I know more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines