• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessibility: InDesign to PDF reading order all in individual lines

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone, I’m somewhat new to creating accessible documents however I’m stumped. I have done my procedure to create an accessible PDF. Once in Adobe DX I check the reading order to find out that every single line in every paragraph has become its own section.

arrrrrgggg.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the paragraphs in threaded text frames in InDesign, or are they each in separate stand alone text frames. If the later, that could have caused them to separate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text was threaded. I removed the thread after testing the first output to pdf when the issue first showed up. I have also tried taking paragraphs pasting them into text editor to remove formatting and pasted them into a new text box and the same issue happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate the issue.

This isn't the whole problem, but it looks like you may have empty paragraphs between each paragraph. If that is the case, remove them and use Space Before and Space After settings.

Do you have special characters in your text that are being used to create line breaks?

Are you using the Articles panel to sequence your text?

When you File > Export to PDF, are you choosing Adobe PDF (Interactive)?

In the export dialog box, do you have Create Tagged PDF and Use Structure for Tab Order turned on?

Have you applied a paragraph style to your text, and if so have you assigned a PDF tag to the paragraph style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what your InDesign document layout looks like, but the simpler the better. Usually the more it looks like an MS Word document, the better the accessible pdf turns out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm having this issue too. Tried ALL the suggestions and I still can't get it to tag the reading order correctly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines