• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't export movie files

Enthusiast ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a real bore to do it manually. But it seems to be the only way. I thought it was supposed to handle them? It imported them once upon a time. LR 2015.12 on Mac running latest OS. I always get this error message.

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 5.03.14 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Please take a look at Julianne Kost's extensive tutorials on how to set up and organize your Lr catalog. Watching, learning and understanding how to set up the catalog from a best practice perspective may be more effective than going back and forth in this forum.

LIGHTROOM CC – THE LIBRARY MODULE

Lightroom CC –  Organizing Your Photographs

Quick Tip – Don’t Move Photos Behind Lightroom’s Back

Quick Tip – How to Copy Files to an External Drive in Lightroom

Quick Tip – Synchronizing Folders in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the original .mov file? Is it on an external drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is on an external drive. I'm trying to export it to another folder on the same drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obvious question.... how much available space is left on your EHD? To clarify, you have a .mov file already imported in your catalog and you want to export a duplicate of the same file in another location on the same external drive? What is the reason for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My (huge) Lightroom catalogue is total chaos. See attached images. I just started using it on day one without any plan or tagging system. I'm starting over from scratch, exporting everything to a new folder, building hierarchical tagging, etc. (Note old "system". So I've finally finished exporting absolutely everything. There's 3 T remaining on my external drive. Plenty of room. That part is done now. I've manually dragged all video clips into the folder since those clips wouldn't export. I'm keeping my old catalog for a while because I have massive (did I say chaotic) tagging in the old one and it'll be helpful to check things out that way. However dumb my "system" for creating the new catalogue, the process of exporting is now done. Thanks. (I still don't understand why video files won't export.)Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 10.04.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-12 at 10.12.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please take a look at Julianne Kost's extensive tutorials on how to set up and organize your Lr catalog. Watching, learning and understanding how to set up the catalog from a best practice perspective may be more effective than going back and forth in this forum.

LIGHTROOM CC – THE LIBRARY MODULE

Lightroom CC –  Organizing Your Photographs

Quick Tip – Don’t Move Photos Behind Lightroom’s Back

Quick Tip – How to Copy Files to an External Drive in Lightroom

Quick Tip – Synchronizing Folders in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines