• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom CC 2015.12 has stopped working!!!!!!!!!!!

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start Lightroom I have an error saying "Adoble Lightroom has stopped working" appearing after Welcome screen saying that this update fixes reported bugs.. See attached print screen. I have completely uninstalled the whole Adobe Cloud (lightroom and Photoshop), clean the registry, reinstalled, but nothing sorted. It is really annoying, I am decided to cancel the subscription. Please help!

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has stopped working error.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

How did you re-install? Is Photoshop CC working? If so, I would suggest another try with LR using the direct downloads.

1. Go to Windows control panel and uninstall Lightroom
  2. Re-boot (re-start your computer)
  3. Go to the link below and expand the Lightroom 6 tab
  4. Download and install the base program (744mb download for Windows)
  5. Then download the latest update 2015.12/6.12

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you re-install? Is Photoshop CC working? If so, I would suggest another try with LR using the direct downloads.

1. Go to Windows control panel and uninstall Lightroom
  2. Re-boot (re-start your computer)
  3. Go to the link below and expand the Lightroom 6 tab
  4. Download and install the base program (744mb download for Windows)
  5. Then download the latest update 2015.12/6.12

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon,

Many thanks for your advice. It seems to work, I've done exactly what you said, up to the step 5. Where can I find the latest update? BTW, it's fine now. Again, really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update is available on that very same link. It's under the heading, "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6", and the updates are for both Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6. There is not a separate update for one or the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, once I've installed the new 2015.12 update, it is crashing again.... Very frustrating!

So, back to square one, following Jon steps.

Beware of Update 2015.12!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update after a week. After following Jon's steps from 1 to 4, Lightroom seemed to work fine, but it wouldn't recognise CR2 files (RAW format). So, I've tried to install the latest update (Jon's step 5) and ... it crashed again soon after launching. I've repeated the procedure again, the same result. Practically now I cannot use CR2 for editing.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm which version of Lightroom is running? You can find this within the application by going to the menu:

Help >> System Info

For example:

Lightroom version: CC 2015.12 [ 1125239 ]

What Canon camera model are the CR2 files from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks Jon for your continuous support. So, I am using Canon 5D and Canon 80D, everything was ok until last week when the new update messed things up. Everytime I open Lightroom CC.2015 Camera Raw 9.12 it crashes after 5-10 seconds, as soon as the new window about the bugs fixed in this new bloody update appears.

I've done your steps several time, if I don;t install the last update (your step 5), it works fine, but when I import photos it says that cannot import CR2 (Canon RAW)....

As I've got two floating licences of Adobe CC, I've tried on another computer, clean installation o0f Adobe CC and Lightroom CC. It works, no problem at all. So must be something withmy computer that creates issues.

But why now?!!

Really appreciate any comment. I've even download GIMP, but I got used to Lightroom workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling the GPU.

This is normally done by going to Edit > Preferences > Performance, and unchecking Use graphics processor.

But if Lightoom crashes on launch, you have to do it manually.

Make sure there is no instance of Lightroom running under Processes in the Task manager.

With the File explorer, navigate to C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences

Open the file Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs in a text editor, like Notepad.

Close to the end of the file there is a line that says useAutoBahn = true, - change this to useAutoBahn = false,

Save and close the file. Now try to start Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Per Bernsten. Unfortunately, it didn't work. I've uninstalled Adobe Cloud, clean the registries, not a single trace left from Lightroom, reinstalled the Adobe Cloud with the latest version.... the same crash when opening...

I don't have anything in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Preferences. There is no Lightroom 6 Preferences.agprefs file.

Basically, I'm back to square one, with no chance to use Adobe Lightroom.... Absolutely guttered... Hundreds of photos waiting to be edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the File explorer, then go to Tools > Folder options, and make sure that Show hidden files etc. is selected.

If that option was already selected, and you're absolutely sure that the preferences folder is empty, uninstall Lightroom, then Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems and reinstall Lightroom.

The screenshot below is from Windows 7, but I think it should be similar on Windows 10.

Hidden-files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines