Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI to AE

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

For some reason when i import from AI into AE the obejcts all are centerd.

I need them to stay in their origonal place like they are in AI.

I been fighting with this problem for half an hour now. gets me crazy.

I did search online. but couldnt find a solution.

Any help?

Thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

1. import your Ai as composition (you can choose retain layer size or no, does not matter)

2. click twice on the composition to open it (very important, do not drag the elements into a new composition)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. import your Ai as composition (you can choose retain layer size or no, does not matter)

2. click twice on the composition to open it (very important, do not drag the elements into a new composition)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac, the options to import as footage or a composition are hidden, so make sure you click the Options button at the bottom-left of the Import dialog.

As for whether or not to Retain Layer Size, it does matter depending on how you animate. If you don't Retain Layer Size then every single element, regardless of how small it is or where it is in your composition, will have its anchor point in the center of your After Effects comp. This means that if you have a ball, for instance, in the one of the corners of your file and you try to rotate it, the ball will not spin around its own center, but it will instead revolve around the center of the composition, which could be very annoying.

I always choose to Retain Layer Size when I import AI files so each layer's anchor point is in the center of itself, rather than my composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Guys !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines