Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type on a path tool!

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm creating a new poster where all the copy follows a diagonal basegrid (see image attached for reference).

Due to the size of the title, this would be split in 3 or 4 lines and I wondered if there is a way to allow the full copy to follows the same path tool. At the moment, when I select the + for the copy, this is placed on a box text and doesn't follow the path.Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 14.25.46.png

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Did you try Shear Tool?

SHEAR.gif

Shear and Rotation angles can be adjusted in Control Panel, entering exact numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Start by drawing a series of diagonal lines.
  2. Convert each line to a 'Type on a Path' line, by clicking on the line with the Type on a Path tool.
    type-on-path.png
  3. Start typing on the first line. When you get to the end of the line, select the Selection tool and click on the Out port.
    type-on-path2.png
  4. With the loaded text icon, click somewhere along the line. Ensure you see the 'link' icon before you click.
    type-on-path3.png
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 or each line.
    type-on-path4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try Shear Tool?

SHEAR.gif

Shear and Rotation angles can be adjusted in Control Panel, entering exact numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines