Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro cc 2017 & Media encoder cc 2017 Slow rendering

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I believe there is thousand threads about similar problem, but I tried lots of things suggested there and nothing helps.

So few months ago I got my new rig

Ryzen 5 1600 + gtx 1070+16gb ram

I was using media encoder to render videos and video length 30 minutes was rendering in 45-48 minutes it was decent time and I was very happy of my upgrade.

Now the video of 30 minutes are usually rendering over 1h (last video in 1hour 8 minutes), I tryed to do lots of thing suggested on forums like clearing cashe, checking windows for viruses/malvare, defragmenting disks "trying" to select CUDA but nothing changing in rendering time from software only option and CUDA rendering.

Please any suggestions would be appreciated also will add an image with task manager while rendering video in encoder.

cpu.png

[Moderator note: moved to appropriate forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's really only two things you can do to speed up exports.

1. Turn on GPU processing.

2. Get faster hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, there is one more important thing that the OP can do.

Tune you system and get rid of a many of those 133 processes.  This editing laptop with dozens of everyday programs installed has only 69 process running and it edits great. Those excess processes are stealing CPU cycles and memory

Here is part of my startup menu

And that is just the start of good tuning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, there is one more important thing that the OP can do.  Tune you system and get rid of a many of those 133 processes.

That's not bad advice.  My recommendation above was predicated on the assumption that the editor is already running on a properly configured system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice how to clean processes? I always checking my startup and there i only like 4 needed progs, all those processes like 60-70% of them is just system processes.

Also how do I turn on gpu processing in my media encoder it is set to CUDA but even if I choose software only time for rendering havent changed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice how to clean processes?

Step 4d below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If CUDA is turned on, it's doing what it can.

Not everything runs on the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes but there should be any difference using cuda of gtx 1070 and only software I got only like few seconds difference and its random some times software faster some cuda that means it doesnt work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want to see you GTX 1070 working run my Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM).  It uses Premiere Pro to test your CPU, GPU, and Storage with specially designed timeline exports.  The MPEG2-DVD timeline when exported with GPU acceleration will show you full usage when you look at GPU-Z under the Sensors tab on the GPU Load item.  That same timeline without GPU acceleration will show you how your CPU tests and the ppbm8.com web site you can compare numbers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not really understand could u please understand it simpler is i possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just download and run my PPBM benchmark and I can see where your system problems are and help you fix them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soz but downlaod speed with my almsot 1 gb/s net is terrible like 200kb/s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but your statistic 11 file doesnt launch giving error:

windows script host 800a0035

But simply all the tests was as fast as max 6min about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What line number?  The script apparently cannot find one or more of your exported files.  If you CUT and paste the 4 exported files to the project file location it will work, do not COPY as that changes the Microsoft time stamps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your storage drive that you exported to is terrible with only 59 MB/second write rate.  Normal disk drives should be about150 MB/s.  Is that drive external?

Your CPU scored 339 seconds which is is fairly good for that Ryzen 5 1600 if you look at my CPU intensive test results.  About typical for a good 6-core CPU

Your 2 GPU accelerated tests are very good, that GTX 1070 is doing well.

Can you afford an SSD?  Something as simple as an Samsung 850 EVO SATA iii would be close to 10 x faster than that clunker drive that you used.  If your motherboard supports a even fast M.2 SSD Samsung 960 for generally only few dollars more more.  What is your largest project size for all the project files that you plan on doing.

EDITED !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using my hdd on normal rendering purpose as I got only 1 ssd for system and another 120gb for games, thsi tests I were doing on that ssd for games its an transcend ssd with decent speeds even faster than my kingdston hyperx Idk why in the test it shows so low speed,

here is crystaldisk test:

Gyazo - 335c00100ecb560bcd8ceaf4efada693.png

Now when I think 50mb speed is similar to hdd mby that because premiere pro itself is written on HDD, but while testing all the files and save points were on that SSD above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hunlight  wrote

Im using my hdd on normal rendering purpose

while testing all the files and save points were on that SSD above.

I guess I do not understand.  When you export the benchmark files where are they going HDD or SSD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SSD, all the files was on ssd, I dropped u that ssd speed test. But my rendering I was doing on HDD because my ssd got only 120 gb and still I cant see reason why render time went up by 20 minutes in a few months, when I cleaning my disk time to time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hunlight  wrote

SSD, all the files was on ssd, I dropped u that ssd speed test. But my rendering I was doing on HDD because my ssd got only 120 gb and still I cant see reason why render time went up by 20 minutes in a few months, when I cleaning my disk time to time.

I am confused you say you rendered (I assume you were referring to exporting) to the hard disk drive.  Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

EVERITHING was done on ssd (and yes I was speaking about exporting, sorry in my country we call it editing and rendering instead)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bill stated, your PC's disk score is terrible. If that were an external hard drive, you might have an ancient-design disk in that enclosure or you might have been using a cheapo USB 3.0 flash pen drive as your exports drive since 59 MB/second is too fast for USB 2.0 but too slow for even a lousy 5400 RPM laptop-sized hard drive (which typically scores in the 110-ish to 120-ish MB/second range these days). If on the other hand your tested (export) disk is internal, then it's (again) either an ancient (15-year-old) drive or you're using the C: drive for everything work-related (and thus leaving your other drives practically unused).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,but any ideas with info above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bill stated, run the PPBM benchmark set. The instructions are on the first few frames of each sequence. Your 6-core score from the MPEG2 DVD timeline to MPEG2 DVD with MPE set to software only should not be longer than the approximately 460-second result from my mini system's i7-7700 non-K CPU while the result with MPE set to the GPU acceleration mode should not be as long as or longer than the 24-second or so result that a GTX 1060 typically scores at.

If both conditions are met, then it is likely that your storage subsystem may be a potential bottleneck. But if either or both results turn out to be abnormally slow, then your system's tuning (software configuration, processes) is likely the bottleneck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you turned off indexing on your drives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines