• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have CS5 that I just installed on a new computer and updated the software online. When I save a file in jpeg, the dialog window is not showing the size of the file and how it changes as I move the slider. It did this on the old computer. Fix?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS5 that I have just uploaded to a new computer and updated the software online.  When I save a file in jpeg, the dialog box does not show me the file size as it previously.  I can move the slider, but the size is not shown on the right as it was before.  I am operating in Windows 10.  Is there a way to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

In photoshop cs5 the size value doesn't show if your saving a 16 Bits/Channel file to jpeg.

Check to Bit Depth of your image under Image>Mode.

An 8 Bits/Channel document should show the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a heads up, CS5 (released in 2010) has long-since reached end-of-life which means that Adobe doesn't test or support CS5 applications on Windows 10 (released last fall). My best suggestion here is that if you don't want to update your applications, don't update your operating system. When you opt to use an older program and a new operating system, you do so at your own risk.

Adobe - Creative Suite 5 Master Collection : System requirements

You can update to current Adobe applications here:

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Interesting that everything else seems to work as usual.

Lew G. Brown

[This is a public forum. Personal contact information removed by moderator for your protection ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant to add that the old computer was Windows 10 as is the new one.

Lew G. Brown

[This is a public forum. For you own protection, please refrain from posting personal contact information. ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that's my observation, as well. On some systems the old software works fine, on other (virtually identical) systems, issues crop up. Let's keep our fingers crossed that someone comes up with a concise answer for you, but I wanted to set your expectations: once a product reaches end of life, it's no longer Adobe's responsibility to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, again.  I do not expect Adobe to fix it, I just thought that perhaps some menu button or something else was not “on” so that this information would come up.  I will look at upgrading.

Lew G. Brown

Post Edited by Moderator to remove personal info. Please stop posting your phone number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop posting your phone number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop cs5 the size value doesn't show if your saving a 16 Bits/Channel file to jpeg.

Check to Bit Depth of your image under Image>Mode.

An 8 Bits/Channel document should show the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I am sure that is the problem. Appreciate your taking the time to answer.

Lew

Lew G. Brown

919-302-4739

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines