• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos will no longer export after computer update?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had trouble exporting my edited photos even though I am very much a "newbie" with LR and can only do the most basic of steps on here. However, about a month ago, my Dell laptop did a major update that took several hours. Ever since, I am no longer able to export my edited photos out of LR. I get an error message each time saying my photos failed to export.

What should I do? I have searched the forum and haven't been led to a solution yet. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screen-clip of the error message, or quote it verbatim?

What destination are you choosing for the Export?

Are your original photo files available to LR.?  In the Library grid view do they have a small [!] icon on the thumbnail border?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo destination is a folder within the original photo folder (stored on my Dropbox). Here is a screenshot of the error message.Screenshot 2017-08-12 17.43.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen shots are shown while in the Develop module. Please tap the Show in Library module with the Histogram panel open and post another screen shot.

PS - sometimes when working with DB there can be a sync issue. AND Bob is spot on with the length of the file name. That will definitely cause a problem. There is a character limit. I think its 25...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically errors with export have to do with the original files not being available or the export file size is larger than what smart previews will allow for. Are your images on an external drive? Are you using smart previews? Please post the exact error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see any exclamation marks on the images in the library. I am importing them from a Dropbox account and trying to export them to a subfolder within that same original folder. I have never had an issue before. Here is a screenshot of my most recent error message.

Screenshot 2017-08-12 17.43.19.png

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a guess but your folder/ Filename path is probably too long.  Why are you using such a long folder or Filename?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines