Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC Text Anchor not found

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a fixed layout EPUB 3 book that I designed using InDesign CC (I started the project with an earlier edition that was part of the Creative Suite, but upgraded to CC). The book includes links to specific pages in the book (essentially an invisible hyperlink over images). The book also includes buttons that will cause sounds to play. When I have exported excerpts of the book to test the functionality of these features everything worked. Now I am trying to export the whole book (224 pgs.) so I can upload it for distribution. However, this time when I tried to export it as a EPUB fixed layout, I got the following error:

TOC Text Anchor not found... it went on to list a whole string of errors such as the following:

TOC text anchor "_idTOCAnchor-162" in "C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Frogs of Costa Rica\Species Accts\InDesign\Field Guide to the Frogs and Toads of Costa Rica_ePub_Cover.indd" is missing

In addition to this error, I have not been able to get the exported EPUB file (~1.5 GB) transferred to my iPad so I can test/proof the book. I have been able to do so before with smaller files (see above) that did not have the "TOC Text Anchor not found" error. So, I don't know if my inability is because of these errors or something else. Although the file shows up as an EPUB file in Windows Explorer (along with other smaller EPUB exports) iBooks does not recognize it as an EPUB file.

So my question is:

1) How do I fix the "TOC Text Anchor not found" error?

Thanks,

John

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign EPUB forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Does that mean there is already an answer that I just didn't find when browsing earlier? If so, how do I find it? Or, does it just mean you are categorizing it in a more suitable location?

Thanks for the quick action regarding my initial post.

Pura vida,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We try to move InDesign EPUB-related questions here so the EPUB experts don't have to look through the large volume of questions in the main InDesign forum. It's a specialized area like InDesign scripting so has its own forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi john

just make sure that you check the option in the screenshot, you will not get this error anymore

Capture.JPG@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines