• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6.0 to 6.12?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to install LR 6.12 on my iMac, but not on my MacBook Air.  Both computers are now upgraded to OS 10.12.6, and the LR upgrade on my iMac automatically increased to LR 6.12, but LR on my MacBook Air remains at 6.0.  How do I upgrade to LR 6.12 on my Air?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download and install the update manually. It is available from the following website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jim.

I have downloaded the appropriate LR6.12 file, expanded the .zip, but see no setup-type file to open.  When I attempt to run the LR6.12 file in the zip package, I get the message that LR “quit unexpectedly”.

Dead end so far....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you downloaded a ZIP file then you downloaded the wrong update installer. The Mac version is a DMG file not a Zip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file that was downloaded for LR 6.12 (under Mac OS) is named "setup.dmg".  Opening this file results in:

1.  AdobePatchInstaller -- when opened stated "update could not be applied"

2.  Payloads -- when opened led to 10 document files and one zip file

3.  double-clicking on zip file leads to "Assets 2" -->various licenses. and

Assets 1 --> Adobe Lightroom --> Adobe Lightroom (executable file)

4.  Clicking on the executable file leads to the message "Lightroom quit unexpectedly."

5.  Dead end -- I'm stuck.  Help please....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you actually have LR 6/CC 2015 installed on your system.

The Update file is just that, An Update to be applied to the installed version of LR 6/CC.

You should not be opening the Payload folder. That is what the AdobePatchInstaller gets the updated files from during the update process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I do.  It is LR6.0, and brief testing indicates it is OK, except that it won't read the camera files that are available in 6.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try downloading one of the other updates and see if that will install. Something like 6.6 or .7 then try running the .12 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded 6.7 and tried to update within LR6.0, but it said that LR was up to date and refused to let me update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "running the .12 installer", what exactly do you mean?  I double-clicked on "setup.dmg" and the same thing happened as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the same thing happens. What error or dialog box comes up?

When you Manually download the update you RUN that and you don't use the help entry Check for Updates.

Need to know what error you are getting, the exact wording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I double click on setup.dmg, a box with "verifying setup.dmg" appears, followed by the box containing AdobePatchInstaller and Payloads.  Opening Payloads and executing "setup.xml, leads to the message:

{B3879546-D2FA-552F-843F-ABD0A5EBCF1E} CS8 8.0 Lightroom 6 Setup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would double click on the adobepatchinstaller. Sorry I'm on Windows and when I did use a Mac once you double clicked on a DMG install file usually there was instructions on what to do next. Like Drag or click on something to start the actual install of the program and or update to a program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on adobepatchinstaller, it said that "updates cannot be applied", with an error log message of:

Lightroom CC (2015.7)/6.7

Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M2P28

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If both the 6.12 and 6.7 updates are failing I would suggest uninstalling and running the CC Cleaner tool.

1. Launch Finder and go to: Applications >> Utilities >> Adobe Installers
  2. Double-click on Uninstall Lightroom (if available)
  3. Download and run CC Cleaner tool – choose Lightroom
  4. Re-start your computer
  5. Download and install the base application Lightroom 6.0
  6. Validate with your serial number if stand-alone perpetual product (non- Creative Cloud)
  7. Download and install the 6.12 update

CC Cleaner Tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines