Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pink .dng files with OnePlus 5

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

For some odd reason, my OP5 (Sony IMX398 sensor) shoots .dng files with Lightroom Mobile CC with crazy pink cast (first image). The .dng-s shot with it's own camera app looks generally ok (second image).

Does Adobe have an update planned for this? Seems like a software problem to me. Maybe it's just because the thing is so new...

Best regards,

Kristjan

LRM_20170706_155037.jpg

IMG_20170706_164004.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kristjan,

Are you using the dual camera setup to shoot and using the camera flash?

Check that there are no effects applied in the Lr camera.

I've tried replicating the issue with iPhone 7 and OP3 but cannot do so. I'll check if this camera is supported in Lr mobile app or not.

Thanks.

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I already contacted the support directly. The team is working on it.

I'm not sure whether the phone uses both cameras for dng shot in lightroom, but most problably not. And no, no flash. And no, no effects.

We also tried clearing the cache and reinstalling with the support employee.

Best regards,

Kristjan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Let me know if there is any update or I'll try getting in sync with them.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I have the same pink cast, but mines is in a vingnette pattern, more pronounced around the edges. Builtin camera app offers better dng, so it's most likely a lightroom-sensor reading issue. Hope it gets fixed, love the phone otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support team said it would be "fixed with the next update". We didn't discuss it in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. This issue is being diagnosed and will be addressed in next update.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the Lightroom Mobile CC updated itself now, it shows version number 3.0.

But the issue is still there 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news about this Issue? It has not been fixed in the last update (3.0)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started a thread regarding this at OP forums as suggested by their employee during a chat session.

He said that

"I will coordinate this to our community team and will try our best to do further tests with this as well. If this is needed to be reported to our developers team will do but no guarantee since we still need to run some tests."

Here's the thread so you can keep an eye out for any progress: Pink cast on DNG files when shooting with other apps - OnePlus Forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of OnePlus 4.5.8 update, the problem seems to have been solved!

I was able to take a dng shot with Lightroom Mobile CC and it looked ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's definitly better, but still far from perfect...

Screenshot from the app when taking the picture :

Screenshot_20170816-145957.png

Picture in my librairy :

1608-2017-031643390674560422.jpeg

You can see that the colours seems kind of "washed-out"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I agree that there's that "washed-out" problem.

From my experience, it was there since the beginning. I got the phone on the first week of July. It depends on the scene, too; not all shots are washed-out, but most of them are. It seems it's a separate problem.

Edit: You can actually see that my photo from the original post displays the same kind of washed-out appearance as your shot. It was shot with the stock camera app, not LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same with my OP5 when using camera from lightroom, normal camera app is fine

Today's update july 18 hasn't fixed it either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me with my OnePlus 5. Jpeg capture looks good however DNG captures are pink...

Version 3.0 hasn't fixed this issue

Other question, why HDR capture mode is not available on the OnePlus 5 ? This device is more powerful than Samsung S7 or Google Pixel??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean why it's not available with LR Mobile CC app? The HDR is available in the native camera app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know but HDR capture done by Lightroom mobile is different than the HDR mode in native camera app because it is based on fusion of 3 DNG files to create 1 DNG file. This processing need a powerful device.

As you can read in this Adobe post (Lr Mobile Update: Raw HDR capture mode for iOS and Android 😞

"For Android users, at this point only the Samsung S7, S7 Edge, Google Pixel, and Pixel XL are supported. So that we’d adhere to our stringent quality and reliability requirements, our primary goal was to ensure the stability of the app while enabling the algorithms to provide the highest possible quality. Thanks to the processing and memory available on the Samsung S7 and Google Pixel devices, we were able to achieve the quality and capabilities required by these incredibly powerful algorithms. The team is working hard to support additional devices as quickly as possible."

No new compatible devices have been announced since this post. HDR capture mode does not appear at all in LR Mobile on OnePlus 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, alright. That clears it up. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The files are usable now. What you notice is the difference  between the jpg auto corrected preview and the raw capture. Same efect as any other camera shooting raw+jpg when importing into Lighroom.

Here is a processed image from last night: https://500px.com/photo/223950783

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines