Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4 Gb Ram enough for lightroom?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

im planning to get a convertible tablet for college, but most of them only have 4 Gb Ram.. How many Ram do you have? Are there many interruptions and delays when you use 4 Gb? Or should I pay twice as much and get a tablet/ laptop with 8 Gb?

Thx for the answers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Many people with 4GB try to export photos only to run into the problem that they don't have enough memory and the export operation will not proceed.

The whole idea of running LR on a computer with minimum specs is just a recipe for frustration and anger, if you ask me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but 8 is better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say 8GB is the minimum, there are operations that don't work well at 4GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

e.g?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people with 4GB try to export photos only to run into the problem that they don't have enough memory and the export operation will not proceed.

The whole idea of running LR on a computer with minimum specs is just a recipe for frustration and anger, if you ask me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am running a 27in Mac with both LightRoom & Photoshop CC and have 16 GiG of Ram. Both programs run very smoothly with great transition between them including Bridge.

Tunney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines