• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Edit in Photoshop' PSD not Appearing in Catalog Automatically

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When selecting 'Edit in Photoshop CC 2017' in Lightroom CC, the .PSD generated is not automatically added to my catalog. The .PSD file is created in the appropriate folder. I can see it in Finder on my Mac, but it does not show up in my Lightroom catalog. Synchronizing the folder does not help properly. Trying to import it in place using 'add' doesn't really help either. I'm not sure why this is happening. My external editing, 'Edit in Adobe Photoshop CC' settings are PSD, ProPhoto RGB, 16 bit, 300 dpi.

I'm running Lightroom CC 2015.12 with Camera Raw 9.12 and Photoshop 2017.1.1 with Camera Raw 9.12.0.784. I used to have an older version of ACR running in Photoshop, and I would select 'render using lightroom' when selecting 'edit in photoshop.' A .psd would open up in Photoshop, and that .psd would automatically appear in lightroom. Now, I'm running current ACR in both lightroom and photoshop. When I select 'edit in photoshop,' there is no option to 'edit copy,' 'edit original,' etc. Instead, the photo opens immediately in photoshop, showing up as a .NEF (Nikon raw), and then automatically saving as a .psd when I save. That new .psd is saved to the correct folder, but it just doesn't show up in lightroom, which has been making my life quite difficult.

A solution would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Thank you both for the advice. I'm ashamed to say it was a problem with my file architecture. An incorrect capitalization in a folder name when I moved to a new computer was causing the .psd's to not show up because the file location wasn't know. Thank you for your time, and my apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in a collection or have some type of filter set?

The reason you don't get that dialog box is because now the ACR versions are the same in LR and PS. That dialog only appears if the ACR version used by PS is older than the one LR is using and or if you are sending a TIFF, PSD or JPG to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or is it possible that the sort order is "Added Order", and therefore the PSD is added but it is at the end of the film strip rather than next to the NEF file? Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for the advice. I'm ashamed to say it was a problem with my file architecture. An incorrect capitalization in a folder name when I moved to a new computer was causing the .psd's to not show up because the file location wasn't know. Thank you for your time, and my apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines