• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

full scretch disk

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i've tried to open a new document on photoshop but it kept on giving me "full scretch disk" message eventhough my disk has lots of space and i have been pragmanting my disk and it still does not work... what should i do? thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much is "lots"? Please give an exact figure.

Now, repeat this when the "scratch disk is full" message is ON SCREEN (do not click OK). How much space is free now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really want to believe you are not being cynical here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To properly diagnose the problem we need to know the exact amount of free space when that error comes up.

Also what OS is your computer using and what type of computer you are using, notebook or desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o.k. well it's a desktop with 20.3 free GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not cynical at all. We often hear from people who say they have "lots" of space but don't even know how to measure it. Turns out their disks are about full. Yours is nearly full, may not be enough. But at least you know how to measure it, which saves time.

But the reason for the TWO questions is to find out if the message is true (it wants to make a scratch disk of over 20GB) or wrong (it's reporting something else). So, will you do the second test I asked, or just assume we are winding you up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did not meant to offend you. sorry if i did not clearly understood you. sure do appreciate your  attempt to help.

could you please be more spesipic about the second test ? cause when the message appears i'm not able to press anything but the"ok" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not click OK. The message doesn't block other apps. Switch to Finder, if you're on a Mac, or Windows Explorer. Then check the disk space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then of course, switch back and click OK !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moving from the LiveCycle General discussions - features, feedback, training, documentation etc. forum to a Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines