• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alignment off in chrome

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all...I'm not a web designer but have been asked by a client to fix an issue with their site. The site was created long ago in Muse by someone else and some images don't line up in Chrome. I have the muse files to make changes but can't figure out the fix. Link is below. Thanks in advance for any help.

www.hscgroupusa.com/executive-search.html - Images line up good in IE and Firefox but Chrome displays differently.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

There are different ways to fix this. Th easiest one:

I think, the image isn't placed inline the text frame. Doing this, will certainly solve your issue:

• Copy (cmd+C) the image and delete it or "cut" it (cmd+X).
  • Place a text cursor into the text frame into a new line after the words "… the following:"
  • Paste (cmd+V) the image into the text frame.
  • Select the image using the „Selection Tool“. (Important!)
  • Open the "Wrap“ panel, choose the icon „wrap to the right“, and define the offsets:

Screen.jpg

Now it should be

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your website is not available wether the link you gave nor the address by itself without "executive…"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies... Link is:

www.hcsgroupusa.com/executive-search.html - Images line up good in IE and Firefox but Chrome displays differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are different ways to fix this. Th easiest one:

I think, the image isn't placed inline the text frame. Doing this, will certainly solve your issue:

• Copy (cmd+C) the image and delete it or "cut" it (cmd+X).
  • Place a text cursor into the text frame into a new line after the words "… the following:"
  • Paste (cmd+V) the image into the text frame.
  • Select the image using the „Selection Tool“. (Important!)
  • Open the "Wrap“ panel, choose the icon „wrap to the right“, and define the offsets:

Screen.jpg

Now it should be easy to fix the issue!

By the way: The „Checkmark“ icons are displaced too:

Screen.jpg

Additionally they are quite ugly, because they look blurry.

I’d solve it this way:

• Open the „Bullets“ panel and click onto the „Bullets“ icon top left of the panel.
  • Click onto the small menu arrow next to the „Bullet“ icon and choose „New Character“ and in the appearing panel „Lucida Sans“ as font, and next to it „Entire Font"
  • Now search the „Check mark“ character, and choose „Add“:

Screen3.jpg

• Now you can select the text and click onto the bullets icon to apply the bullets.
  • Format the text paragraphs (indent, bullet size, color, …) as you like.

Of course you may also choose an image with the „checkmark“ symbol and place it into the text flow just like shown above. But it won’t be that elegant,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines