• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image doesn't show in compiled chm

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2008 Nov 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp HTML 6. One of the images is not displayed in the compiled chm file even though it exists in the Image folder and is displayed on the screen in the topic before it is compiled. It is a png but I have also tried with a jpeg. I have also redone the image a few times and still get the same result.
The only thing I can think of that is "different" from other images is that its background is white and not the regular grey of a dialog. But, the background shading is transparent so I don't know why this would make a difference.
Another thing that is "different" is that its name is listed in the Image folder with %26 in the middle even though it is saved without it and none of the other images have %26 in them.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Judy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't help you right now but there are several posts in recent months on this but only with PNGs. You may have to extend your number of days searched from the default in your forum profile.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Judy.

Are you using spaces in the image file name? Try renaming it using an underscore and see if the problem goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Judy,

I believe that "%26" is the code for the ampersand (&), which has a special role in URL syntax. Therefore, you'd not want to use it in the names of your source files because it's likely to throw the HTML Help viewer into confusion. Best to stick to alphanumeric characters and underscores only.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Pete. That was the answer. I removed the "&" from the file name and the image was displayed in the compiled chm. Something so small caused so much trouble. Thanks again!
Judy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp