• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a smart collection based on "My Locations"?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I've set up a smart location - let's call it "Home"

There are 200 photos that match that smart location taken at different times.

I am trying to create a smart collection that it linked to My Location "Home" and I can't figure it out.

I can figure out how to select all photos at that location and manually add "Home" to sublocation but I want it to be a smart collection that will automatically update as I import new photos that match the radius of My Location "Home"

There must be a way to do this.

Some one show me the way!

Thanks,

Anthony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Start a smart collection that looks for the Keyword "Home".  Then, during Import, add the keyword "Home"

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too do not see a way to do this.

It seems that if you want a "something" to update whenever new photos are imported into Lightroom and given the appropriate GPS coordinates within the desired geographic region, that "something" which updates is My Location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start a smart collection that looks for the Keyword "Home".  Then, during Import, add the keyword "Home"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clean and simple solution Joe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is a fine solution for "home".

However, if the original poster wants such a smart collection for photos that are within X miles of home, which My Location will do easily, I don't see how you get this in a smart collection, but using My Location works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines