• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assets "Checking for update" (forever)

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Assets' tab on the Creative Cloud Desktop application is always "Checking for update"CheckingForUpdate.jpg

Typekit ON/OFF preferences are greyed out.

TypekitOnOff.jpg

Typekit fonts are not syncing.

SyncingFonts.jpg

Application installation stay on 99%. After restarting the computer they report as installed.

In the example below Photoshop Illustrator InDesign all hung at 99% and are useable after restarting the computer except Acrobat DC which stuck at 85% and is now usable after restarting the computer.

99percent.jpg

Things I have tried to fix the issues:

1. Uninstalled All Adobe applications and reinstalled everything.
  2. Uninstalled everything using 'AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe' and reinstalled everything.
  3. Uninstalled just the CC desktop software using 'Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe' and reinstalled the latest version (proof below).
  4. Spent 30 mins watching support use remote desktop software trying to fix it with no luck.

APPversion.jpg

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at thi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disable your syncing and retry updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi icon9,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. It sounds like the recent update to the Creative Cloud app had installation issues. I would try the following:

- Uninstall/Reinstall the Creative Cloud app: Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application

- Make sure to use the Cleaner tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

If that doesn't solve the issue, please shoot us an email at: support@typekit.com as we'll need to dive in further to figure out the issue.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was going to say... sometimes the CC app just goes bad and misbehaves. Uninstall and reinstall.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad​ thanks for your suggestion. The radio buttons that turn off and on the sync (Preferences > Creative Cloud > Files) are greyed-out (disabled). I cannot turn of syncing.

Ben, Typekit Support​ I have previously tried both of your suggestions.

But I tried them again - meticulously following the instructions on the pages you linked - without success.

I will email support@typekit.com

Result: No typekit fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue even after following the instructions of uninstalling/cleaning and installing creative cloud:
The 'Assets' tab on the Creative Cloud Desktop application is always "Checking for update"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same for me. Tried all suggestions from above too but without any luck. The Adobe help desk is trying to help me out on this subject now but without any succes either after to sessions.

Weird thing is I work with the same adobe ID on both my laptop and my desktop for years now. On my laptop it is still works fine.

It must be something in the system that is damaged or missing out after the last system update. It started in July and hasn't been solved so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem here (uninstall/clean/reinstall). The wheel was still spinning at 99%.
I waited for about 10 minutes, then I turned off my antivirus (avast). And suddenly it was working. I don't know if I just had to wait or turning of the antivirus did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe really need to fix there CC libraries asset access/updating within their apps.

It is such a vital aspect of having a CC account and it fails everyday. Load something up for someone else to access and wait a few days before it updates. Adobe please address. It surely can't be a rouge install issue as it has happened on every computer I've seen over the past 4 years (thats around 35 machines all having the same issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Ryecooder,

You might want to join this thread on the feedback forum :

Photoshop/Lightroom: Error 183 when updating CC Desktop from the Assets tab | Photoshop Family Custo...

Allegedly fixed but I guess we will have to install a new CC version before we're able to enjoy the fix. And this installation will fail as the previous ones. Kind of a chicken-egg problem. Anyway, the Assets update that was triggered today when launching CC desktop failed again with the usual error 183.

The above mentioned thread explains the workaround that I'm using to install these updates :

1. Kill all Adobe related processes.

2. Rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud.old

3. Rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CoreSyncExtension to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CoreSyncExtension.old

4. Download the Adobe CC Desktop installer (direct link) and install again (run the installer as an administrator).

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ridiculous uninstall try again fix your bugs adobe with what users pay for creative cloud yearly should be no issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines