Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serial number for Lightroom 4

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a product box, code, and cd for Lightroom 4 that I purchased a few years back and I have not yet registered the product.  I need help acquiring my serial number so I can use this product.  I have been sent back and forth from Adobe phone support to identit-e.com and back to Adobe chat support, continuously without resolution to this problem.  I understand that this is an older product, but I'm sure there is someone who can help me to get this product registered so that I don't have to buy it (or the newer version) again.  It is paid for and I need to be able to use it.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't have your serial number. If you haven't registered the serial number, and it's not on the box or in the box, then I don't really know a way to find your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a product code, which is used to redeem the serial number, but I am reaching a lot of dead ends.  There must be a way to get this product working, or to gain access to this, or a comparable product, without having to purchase it an additional time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Product code? Is that a redemption code? What are the EXACT words used next to this "product code"? Do NOT type this "product code" here in the forum, I am not asking for this, and that would be a bad thing to do. If it's not clear what I am asking for, let me know.

Is this product code 24 digits, in six groups of 4, with no letters? Or is it shorter and contains some letters? Do NOT type this "product code" here in the forum, I am not asking for this, and that would be a bad thing to do. If it's not clear what I am asking for, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original instructions say

"To obtain your serial number and install the software:

1. Visit www.adobe.com/go/studentlicensing

2. Enter the product code below to obtain your serial number.

And the product code is listed below on the same form.  It contains letters and is shorter than the one you described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm confused.

Did you actually try going to that web site? You don't state anywhere that you tried this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having a same problem under different circumstances.

Since I could not find a way to post a new question on this forum, I'm squeezing myself here. Apologies in advance..

I am now travelling and bought a new laptop to use my lightroom on different locations.

I brought a package of my latest LR5 box with me that has a serial number.

When I tried to install the program on the new computer, it turned out that you also need the original serial number of my previous LR4!

I did not expect that..

I bought LR4 in 2013 from a local camera shop and not sure where that package is stored at my home. and I cannot fly home to search that even 😞

I did not register my code to Adobe too, but isn't there any way to find my old or original serial number of LR4 so I can install LR5 on my new laptop?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Start a Discussion.

start new topic.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the first thing I tried was to register through that website, but it is no longer functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you a student?  You had to show/prove you were a student to register that version of Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am a student.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 4 stopped being sold in 2013 when LR 5 came out. If you bought LR 4 before that time then you should of used the product code, the Redemption code, back then to acquire a valid serial number. That redemption code can only be used once and it has to be used during the time the software was being sold. If you purchased it after June 9 2013 then that code is no longer valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that the code may no longer be valid.  But there must be a way to have either my current product activated, or to redeem something comparable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever get a solution for this? I am in the same situation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read Post#8 from Just Shoot Me.

Check some links for Students given in the post at-

Student Subscription Rate

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yes, I did, I contacted Adobe and filled out a form if I remember

correctly, and Adobe emailed me my serial number 2-3 days later. It took a

few Adobe employee chats though before I landed on someone who could help

me, so don't give up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines