Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built a computer with the following hardware and software:

Intel i5 quadcore processor clocked 6400 2.70Ghz

Msi gaming motherboard z170 tomahawk AC

Msi R7 370 gaming graphics card 4G

Samsung 850 EVO ssd 250G

16G RAM from ADATA

with all that stated, i installed photoshop premier elements 13 for video editing and found that both my computer playback and photoshop playback cause the quality of my imported videos to suffer.  When i edit a video, the playback is choppy. Besides these issues the computer operates fine and is actually pretty quick.  Can someone please help with this issue. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, note that there is no program called Premiere Photoshop Elements. Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements are two different programs.

Since you're editing video, I assume you're talking about Premiere Elements. What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what is your video's format and resolution? When you add a clip of this video to the beginning of your timeline, do you see a yellow orange "render" line above the clip? This is an indication that your project settings are not set up properly to match your video specs, which will result in poor performance.

RenderLine.jpg

Also, as Willie says, your operating system matters. And if it's 32 bit or 64 bit.

It also might help to know what model of processor you have. There are dozens of i5 processors -- some dual core and some quad core -- and, regardless of clock speed, their video editing performance varies pretty widely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines