• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 -- how to acquire lens profile (Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM)

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to All,

I have Photoshop CS6 installed on Mac and I'm looking for a lens profile for Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM lens. I know I can make a custom profile but would prefer not to.

If that's any help I also have Lightroom 5 installed.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

The 9.6.1 dng converter should work on OS X 10.9 and still include the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM lens profile.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you install the newest dng converter 9.12 that should get you the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM lens profile.

The dng converter installs the same lens profiles as camera raw does.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for the link. I did try to install it but wasn't successful as I'm still running OS X 10.9.5. This DNG Converter requires 10.10 or higher. Any chances there is a previous version that works for 10.9.x? Unfortunately I don't really like newer OS X versions so I stayed on old Meverick.

Thanks,

Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 9.6.1 dng converter should work on OS X 10.9 and still include the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4L USM lens profile.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually if you install camera raw 9.1.1 plugin for cs6 that should include the profile as well.

Try Help>Updates from within photoshop cs6.

Sorry i should have suggested this first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked like a charm! thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines