• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pdf exported to Word omits alternate pages

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a pdf to Word, but the odd numbered pages all come out blank.

The pdf was created by combining separate pdfs, one consisting of odd numbered pages and the other even numbered pages.  These in turn had been created by cropping scans of double page spreads.  (As I understand it, this is the recommended way to convert scans of double page spreads to single pages.)

I have also tried exporting to other formats.  Exports to html and to rich text have the same problem, omitting the odd numbered pages, but exports to jpeg and plain text are ok, with all pages present and correct.

I'd be very grateful for advice on how to get the full document exported to word.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rupert

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the following information with us:

1. The pdf files and the output Word file.

2. The OS platform that you are using.

3. The Acrobat dot version you are on.

I have messaged you with the email address you need to share the information at.

Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I have sent you the files and the information you requested.

I have now rescanned the original document, duplicated the scan, cropped odd and even pages and combined them in a single 32 page pdf.  However, unlike last time I did not re-order the pages.  I then output to Word.  The first sixteen pages came out ok, but the next 16 did not.  So the essence of the problem is not that only alternate pages are output to word.  Rather it is that only those pages in the first of the underlying files in the combined pdf are output to Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have mailed you with the workaround.

Please check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

are you going to share the work around, this has been going on for years now and no result, exporting a mulitpage pdf to word only exports the first page with content and the other pages are blank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines