Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's the difference of yuv420 PrPixelFormats

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the prm sdk define below yuv420 PrPixelFormats:

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG2_FRAME_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_601    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('y', 'v', '1', '2'),

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG2_FIELD_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_601    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('y', 'v', 'i', '2'), 

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG2_FRAME_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_601_FullRange    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('y', 'v', '1', 'f'),      

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG2_FIELD_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_601_FullRange    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('y', 'v', 'i', 'f'),       

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG2_FRAME_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_709    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('y', 'v', '1', '7'),       

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG2_FIELD_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_709    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('y', 'v', 'i', '7'),       

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG2_FRAME_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_709_FullRange    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('y', 'v', '1', 'F'),       

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG2_FIELD_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_709_FullRange    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('y', 'v', 'i', 'F'),       

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG4_FRAME_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_601    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('Y', 'v', '1', '2'),       

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG4_FIELD_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_601    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('Y', 'v', 'i', '2'),       

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG4_FRAME_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_601_FullRange    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('Y', 'v', '1', 'f'),       

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG4_FIELD_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_601_FullRange    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('Y', 'v', 'i', 'f'),      

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG4_FRAME_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_709    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('Y', 'v', '1', '7'),       

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG4_FIELD_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_709    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('Y', 'v', 'i', '7'),       

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG4_FRAME_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_709_FullRange    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('Y', 'v', '1', 'F'),       

PrPixelFormat_YUV_420_MPEG4_FIELD_PICTURE_PLANAR_8u_709_FullRange    = MAKE_PIXEL_FORMAT_FOURCC('Y', 'v', 'i', 'F'),      

but,what's the difference between these formats? I know 601 & 709 means BT601 & BT709 colorspace,but what's the meaning of word "FRAME","FIELD","MPEG2","MPEG4", and "FullRange"?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want to develop a h264 export plugin,which pixel format I should choose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you need more or less all of them, depending on the capabilities you want to offer...

FRAME/FIELD = progressive / interlaced

FullRange = use luminance levels of 0..255 instead of 16..235

MPEG2/MPEG4 = use feature-set of respective encoding methods

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Is it means if the video my plugin process is interleaved,I should use FIELD pixel format,otherwise use FRAME pixel format?

my plugin do h264 & hevc video encoding,so should I use MPEG4 pixel format ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines