• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to detect a coincidence of an image part ?

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to detect a coincidence of an image part ? I need to detect a coordinates of top left corner of an image. Is it possible?Untitled-1.jpg

a part

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

a coincidence

Untitled-2.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please elaborate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already elaborated as I could...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that's possible with PS scripting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might be possible.

First select the white, select inverse, make work path.

Make arrays of all anchor point for each subpaths

Make temp arrays of subpath anchors subtracting the lowest first anchors x & y

Once you have these you can do a string match on the arrays.

Just an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think in this case that would not work immediately as you described because the »part« is clipped (lower left), so the part and the instance would not even produce paths with the same number of pathPoints.

If one starts comparing segments of the paths the approach would likely become quite complicated …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats why I said String match, not by individual pathpoints, by converting to a string I believe it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats why I said String match

How far to go? Include Bezier handles, round the numbers …?

I would like to detect some areas in pdf document which can be vary in position by Y coordinates.

Seems like a problematic idea and a relevant piece of information you should have mentioned right at the start.

I suspect that if the pdf has to be converted even optically »identical« elements might produce Work Paths that differ too much for easy identification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andyf6586786​, what is this supposed to be for anyway?

What kind are the images and what is the ultimate goal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to detect some areas in pdf document which can be vary in position by Y coordinates. Those areas are known how they looks like so detecting their coordinates will open the ability to paste other image in exact position in opened pdf file.

Those images in the first top most post is just a samples to describe the idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andyf65867865  wrote

I would like to detect some areas in pdf document which can be vary in position by Y coordinates. Those areas are known how they looks like so detecting their coordinates will open the ability to paste other image in exact position in opened pdf file.

Those images in the first top most post is just a samples to describe the idea...

What »areas« would that be and how can they be identified?

I would recommend you provide an actual example file – which you should have done that right away.

Edit: Actually better provide more than one file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reviewed an original task to make it easy to complete so to continue the quiz please follow the link

Iterating image lines pixel by pixel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you had given a proper description of what you wanted to achieve right away this could have gone easier …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines