• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't undo/redo in Animate CC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what happened, but I was suddenly unable to undo as i was drawing. Everytthing was working fine before, and I was working for an over an hour until it happened. I tried restarting the program and the laptop, putting all preferences back to default and eventually tried reinstalling Animate CC, just so I wouldn't have to make a post about my issue. But nothing worked, and no matter how many times I try restarting everything, I just cannot seem to undo. i've been also having a few minor problems with Photoshop as well, but nothing that makes it unusable like now Animate is for me. I want to point out that ALL tools work fine in Animate, just the undo is slowing down my work for now. Will be patiently waiting for your suggestions. Thanks in advance

Here are my specs:

Intel Core i7<3630QM 2.4GHz

8GB RAM DDR3

AMD Radeon 7670M 2GB

320 GB HDD

Windows 10 Pro x64 bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

well, robdillon's suggestion didn't work for me because it wouldn't let me delete the preferences folder from regedit, and after Googling for a while I decided to just reinstall it once more, only this time it worked because I didn't let Animate keep the preferences I had on previously.

Now should I do something to make sure that doesn't happen, or stop it from happening when it does? Because reinstalling over and over is consuming a lot of my internet data.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you need to reset your Preferences file for Animate. Here's a tech note on how to do that: Re-create preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the first suggestion doesn't solve it - try reinstalling.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, robdillon's suggestion didn't work for me because it wouldn't let me delete the preferences folder from regedit, and after Googling for a while I decided to just reinstall it once more, only this time it worked because I didn't let Animate keep the preferences I had on previously.

Now should I do something to make sure that doesn't happen, or stop it from happening when it does? Because reinstalling over and over is consuming a lot of my internet data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikhald60164309  wrote

well, robdillon's suggestion didn't work for me because it wouldn't let me delete the preferences folder from regedit,

That doesn't make any sense. If you're a local admin on your own machine, you should have no problem deleting something non-critical like that. Did you try running regedit as administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that you got it sorted out. I'm sorry that it was more difficult than it should have been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just run into the same problem (or at least a very similar one), which appeared to be caused by a corrupt workspace configuration. The fix for us was to delete the workspace folder (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Adobe\Animate CC 2017\en_US\Configuration\Workspace).

One of the symptoms was that users were losing redo functionality, and also experiencing freezes during undo operations. You can check whether or not this is happening by opening the history window and attempting an undo. If your workspace is corrupt, you will see the result on the left (redo operations are missing) instead of the list on the right.

error.pngno_error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines