• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DVD Menus not working on DVD player

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started using Premier Elements 15 on a PC with a recently installed Windows 10 64-bit OS and an Intel  i7 Processor.

I can manage to do a good edit and add menus, both main and scene, and all works just fine while on the PC. 

However, when I burn and play the DVD in a Panasonic player, the menu icons do not light up thus I do not know which icon has registered so, when I press the Enter button on the DVD player remote, I just don't know at what point of the video clip will commence.

Any tips on getting this right is appreciated.

Sonny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the disc work on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for coming back on my query.

The recorded DVD disc does work on my PC but not in the usual way of "highlighting" the icon first.   Instead of flashing (a little square flashing dot should appear as it does on the Premier preview screen) first, hovering the PCs mouse over the icon then pressing left click does work: no flashing square!

On the TV there is no "life" in the icons whatsoever:  just still images so one does not where the movie will start once the "Enter" button on the remote is pressed.

For your information, I amusing "Fun in the sun" f=range of main and scene menus.

Cheers,

Sonny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the disc works in your computer but not on your disc player, then the problem isn't with the software. It's related to the nature of home-burned DVDs.

You don't say what brand of DVDs you're using, but it does make a difference. Cheap disc brands like Memorex don't make for the best home-burned discs. Verbatim makes some of the best and most reliable discs.

The greater issue though may be your DVD player. Although DVD players have gotten better, they don't always play home-burned DVDs all that well. Brands like Sony and Pioneer are notorious for this. Home-burned DVDs use a chemical process to record their information -- and DVD-RWs use yet another process -- and disc players just don't read them as well as they do commercially produced, pressed discs.

My recommendation is to try the disc out in a friend's DVD player and see if they get the same result as you do. At least then you'll know if the problem is unique to your disc player.

But, from what you've told me, there's not much that can be done from the software end. The program did create a DVD for you or you wouldn't be able to play it on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve.

The blank disc I used was a SONY DVD-RW while the player is of PANASONIC make, say about five or so years old.

May I Repeat that the disc does work on the PC drive as well, albeit when the mouse hovers over the scene icon, the yellow square does not light up as it does when viewing on the preview screen within ADOBE Premier Elements 15.  Therefore, the only way I can tell which scene is selected is by the mouse indicator on the monitor and not the yellow square.  You will appreciate that there is no mouse on the PANASONIC DVD player so no indication of which icon is selected.

Hoep the foregoing clarifies the situation,

Regards,

Sonny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some disc players don't like DVD-RWs.

Try burning a regular DVD+ or DVD-.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines