Exit

Export sizing issue

Contributor ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image 290x290px

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 15.01.54.png

When I export, it is saving out at 290x291...

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 15.02.20.png

I tried putting a box around it that was 292x292. Same problem. Saved out at 292x293px

This is not helpful when you need sizes to be precise.

The only way around it was to create a PSD file at 290x290 and paste in and export from there. Pretty hopeless really 😕

Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Hi Pixelysian​,

I found the reason in your SVG to be the shadow on what's called 'Ellipse 312' in the document.

The blur of 6 is actually using 9 pixels to render (you can see this if you set a solid shadow color) and if you add that tot he 3px drop of the shadow you get more than the 11 pixels you have from the surrounding group.

This shadow does not impact the parent size but we do want it output in the PNG rasterization, that's why you get a different file size (you can test with larger drop sh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pixelysian​,

To understand better what happens in your case I need some information. Could you export the same object to svg for us to take a look at its structure and understand what happens?

Thank you

Vlad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vlad

I am unable to insert an .svg image so here is a link to it:

Dropbox - PPDial.svg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pixelysian​,

I found the reason in your SVG to be the shadow on what's called 'Ellipse 312' in the document.

The blur of 6 is actually using 9 pixels to render (you can see this if you set a solid shadow color) and if you add that tot he 3px drop of the shadow you get more than the 11 pixels you have from the surrounding group.

This shadow does not impact the parent size but we do want it output in the PNG rasterization, that's why you get a different file size (you can test with larger drop shadow Ys to see this).

In this particular case, setting 5.33 instead of 6 to the shadow's blur factor fixes your issue.

Using a rectangular path of 290x290 to mask the current object also works.

Hope this helps,

--

Vlad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vlad

Thank you for investigating.

It's a bit of a nightmare but at least there is a workaround with a rectangular path mask!

Best wishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines