• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Anchor Point Behaviour Default

Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty new to AE. I'd like objects to work more like they do in Illustrator/photoshop, example: when you drag the left side of a rectangle to the left, it will 'anchor' the right side of the rectangle and enlarge the rectangle to the left. Right now it's defaulted to centre. I realize I can change the position of the anchor using transform. But I'd like to change the way the way it works universally.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

There are some scripts out there (some free, some paid) that offer some very handy movement of anchor points.

With one click, you can jump your anchor point to any of the edges of your layer!

Animation Composer is a free (handy) tool that comes with an anchor point movement script UI window.

Motion 2 from Mt. Mograph isn't free, but it includes a lot of other handy little workflow enhancers besides just the anchor point movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this is one of these "'twas ever thus" things.  AE's default anchor point placement is smack-dab in the center of a layer's horizontal & vertical dimensions, and I know of know way to change that default. I don't know if there has ever been talk of changing it, either.   People just accept that's the way AE works.

Incidentally, If you import a multi-layer Illustrator file, you'll notice that the same thing holds for the layers, even if you tweaked the anchor point in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some scripts out there (some free, some paid) that offer some very handy movement of anchor points.

With one click, you can jump your anchor point to any of the edges of your layer!

Animation Composer is a free (handy) tool that comes with an anchor point movement script UI window.

Motion 2 from Mt. Mograph isn't free, but it includes a lot of other handy little workflow enhancers besides just the anchor point movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Well after more experience with AE I get now how the anchor work in comparison to position, but that tool looks like a real timesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines