• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing zoom options

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don;t know what to call the default zoom, but it changed to what I think is "Marquee Zoom" or something and it's driving me nuts. I just want to zoom normally, after pushing Z a click will zoom in a little and dragging outward will zoom out.  I can't do this marquee zoom garbage.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t quite follow.

What are the Tool’s settings (see the Options Bar)?

What are the Photoshop > Preferences > Tools settings that are related to the Zoom Tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember seeing this box, the zoom was a lot more smooth. I clicked and dragged to see my zoom and saw it zoom in real time and released when I liked my zoom. It would kind of center on the image as well. I don't know what options you mean. I looked for where the options are, but I didn't see any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what options you mean.

With the Zoom Tool selected look at the Options Bar (Window > Options).

The rest should not be hard to figure out: Photoshop > Preferences > Tools … those that include »Zoom« in their name might be pertinent to your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There aren't any options selected and no tool presets. And honestly, I never learned PS professionally. Just use of "What does this button do?" and I don't know where the tab for Photoshop, preference or tools are. I don't see those options listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked and dragged to see my zoom and saw it zoom in real time and released when I liked my zoom.

Is »Scubby Zoom« checked?

I can't do this marquee zoom garbage.

To me animated zooming seems like a waste of resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scrubby Zoom is greyed out and I can't select it, and I am not sure what Animated zooming is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use of "What does this button do?" and I don't know where the tab for Photoshop, preference or tools are.

Just post screenshots already,. please. (edited)

Also: Is Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor checked or even available?

If it is greyed out your GPU may be under dimensioned or the GPU driver may be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://sta.sh/01zadjvbqo7b

And I think it may be my GPU, I was having some driver problems and on one of my games, an ugly error pops open and says "Open GL not supported" etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor checked or even available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I talked to Nvidia and they helped me. I am using the wrong drivers (accidentally downgraded when checking an old GPU on my pc). I have to erase my old drivers and download the new ones and see how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was always able to just move the cursor right or left whenever I needed to zoom in or out, but then it went to point zoom which I don't like. Finally by looking at some of the entries here, this is what I did to return my zoom back to its original, glorious functionality:)

1. Select the Zoom tool  [magnifying glass]

2. Across the top menu, make sure that Scrubby Zoom is selected.

And that was that! I'm excited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue and it was very annoying!

The option is the 'Scrubby Zoom', however it was greyed out for me.

I then double checked that my graphics processor settings were at 'basic' then I restarted Photoshop.

• Preferences > Performance > Advanced Settings > Basic

It now works fine for me.

Hope that helped...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the others already mentioned - "Scrubby Zoom" probably is what you are looking for.

For me, it's greyed out if no document is open. If you open a document it's active.

Maybe this helps…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just figured this out! Make sure Animated zoom is checked Preferences>performance>GPU performance>animated zoom. Mine was checked but still not working. Then I went to view and realized I was Previewing in CPU instead of GPU. Just click Preview in GPU and voila!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines