• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat App for iPad not recognizing DC Subscription

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an active DC subscription and have downloaded the iOS app for iPad.  I am able to use the app in it's free version abilities, but do not seem to be able to use the subscription services.  I checked to be sure the app is logged in to my account and contacted technical support which directed me to the forum's as I was told they only support desktop versions of the app.  Specifically, I am attempting to edit a PDF.  When I access the edit tab I have no menu options for editing except "undo"

Please help!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the issue has to do with PDF's created with a scan versus PDF's generated from a PDF printer.  Is there someway to do an OCR in the mobile app to convert scan's into OCR which allows for editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the app "Adobe Scan".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had used Adobe scan to create the PDF.  Unless there is a setting I am not aware of, Adobe Scan doesn't seem to OCR the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at Settings > Preferences

Adobe Scan FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I checked the app settings and it is set to OCR, however the original scan which I was attempting to edit was created using Adobe Scan with these settings set to OCR, but the Adobe Reader App would not recognize the PDF for edit.  When I opened a PDF which had been generated by an Adobe printer the edit function in the mobile app does operate correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you install the app? I am unable to find the app in the app store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit confusing, but the adobe acrobat reader app is adobe acrobat.  It is installed as a free app such as reader for PC's, however if you have a DC Subscription (not license), the app can be switched or signed in to use Adobe Acrobat functions.  They are limited functions, but it does let you organize pages, edit (if OCR has been performed) and other limited tools of Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines