• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effect CS6 don't start on OS X Yosemite!!

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i made a Systemupdate and now After Effect CS6 don't start ON OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5.

What can i do?

Should i download my MAC OS SYSTEM?

Where can i find an downgrade for the MAC SYSTEM?

Thank you for your answer.

Please:::: NOT THE ANSWER::: buy the new cc collection Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

AE CS6 must be updated to version 11.0.4 to work on newer Mac OSs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until not too long ago, I was using AECS6 on 10.10.5 just fine, so it's not an incompatibility. More likely a corruption of the CS6 installation or your OS update (did you repair disk permissions before and after the installation? Perform any system maintenance to ensure the OS's stability?).

My suggestions'd be to first - simply try repairing permissions on the disk and try AE. If that didn't work, you may need to download a utility like Onyx (free) to clear caches, etc. Maybe start up in Recovery mode (command+R on startup) and run repair DISK and Repair Permissions from Disk utility in there. If those don't work, use the Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems then run the utilities then reinstall CS6...

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE CS6 must be updated to version 11.0.4 to work on newer Mac OSs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Szalam

Thank you for your answer.

You said that I should install the new system so that the AfterEffect runs again (because the Program After Effect was running bevor).

In the screenshot (attached) you can see - currently I have OS X YOSEMITE 10.10.5  - can’t update to 11.04 EL CAPITAIN first i get the message i need to install „10.11.“ ?¿  But 10.11 does not exist ?¿

I work with CS5 and CS6 Programms and don’t want to buy the CC Programms because then i need a new Computer.

Please - What  I have to do to make  my AfterEffect-Program run again???

Thank you

M. Müllner

Mod note: please trim any email attachments in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am waiting since 1 week for an answer - please !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yesterday, I'd tried to post to suggest looking at the above post by Szalam a week ago. Today, I see my post didn't "take", but please do look at the response. I think it's very clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, mmirjam. I believe Szalam was not referring you to upgrading your operating system, but rather it was a suggestion to update your CS6 installation to version 11.0.4. Please see this article: After Effects good to go with Mac OSX v10.10 (Yosemite) | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. After Effects CS6 (which is actually AE version number 11) has to be updated to the be version 11.0.4 or it will not launch on Mavericks, Yosemite, or El Capitan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines