• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to stream live on facebook I have a PC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant find a complete tutorial on streaming live with a PC for facebook. Any suggestions? I have OBS do I need anything else? Ive downloaded NDI as well but I cant figure out how to use it. I'm lost! Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With PC you could use OBS (with this: https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi), Wirecast, VMIX, or some others - basically anything that supports NDI.

This is probably the best overview: https://youtu.be/N-_nwpSkuGE?t=25m8s

This might help too, although it's for Mac: https://youtu.be/ja7bVr4kHCU?t=15m22s

And Digital Puppets have been doing some great tutorials, they also have a livestream today! Adobe Character Animator with LOOK Digital Puppets | Episode One | VMIX - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, Im going to look at those tutorials again. The web link to gethub, im not sure is that a link to download something. not sure what that site is sorry Im so new to this. But thanks for such a speedy reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - It's a little more on the advanced side. You might be better off with the ones that have NDI support inherently built in, like Wirecast or VMIX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any of those that are free? Wirecast is not free right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wirecast has a free trial. VMIX has a free trial and free lo-res version. OBS is totally free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have OBS but I cant seem to make it work. So I need to use another one of these in addition to it? I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I feel I'm on my own with this part of the training. (Aside from your help.)

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. I haven't done it personally because I'm on a Mac, and OBS supports something called Syphon on there, so it just works for me without any additional downloads. From my understanding you would have to follow the steps on that github page to add the ability for NDI to work with OBS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I may have to invest in one of those other programs vmix is about 60$ which could be worth it if its easy to use. Streaming live is one of the biggest plus about character animator. It has so much potential and the possibility of streaming live on FB just might make it worth the price. Is there a way to share my findings with the Ch community? Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, feel free to post your findings here - I personally use the forum search a lot to help answer questions, so hopefully others would do the same!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines