• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get ebooks from Kobo desktop to ADE and onto Nook e-reader

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have down loaded Adobe Digital Editions series 4.5 and 3.0, neither produce acsm files in either documents or downloads in fact the ADE files are missing or

empty.

I have been trying for literally weeks to obtain SEVEN books that I purchased from Kobo and they have been quite helpful in trying to resolve the problem, but

they believe the trouble to be ADE as the books do appear in my Kobo Desktop library.

I have almost given up and threatened to throw the e-reader away and forget about the books that I can only read on my computer (I like t read in bed).

Possibly it is something simple that I am doing wrong or maybe at 80, I'm not mentally capable any more, but I have been using an e-reader for some considerable

time without this trouble. I have looked on the Forum many times (the only form of help for ADE), but no-one seems to have the same problem of being unable to

get e-books from Kobo onto ADE.

Pease can someone explain (in simple terms)  how I can read my books that sit there in my Kobo desktop laughing at me, but will not arrive at the ADE library to

be shunted onto my Nook?

Thanks very much, Alan K.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my question seems to be assumed answered, I wish that answer had been passed to me!

Obviously my query has NOT provoked an answer and leaves me totally disappointed in the

services of Adobe particularly as far as Digital Editions is concerned.

I guess if no one can help me, The only solution is to jettison Adobe and try Amazon kindle,

what a shame that one cannot get any help or assistance from Adobe and the Forum doesn't

seem able to resolve my problem either.

It is sad when you have to respond to your own question. AK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a Kindle since Barnes & Noble, the local library and Adobe were unable to resolve the problem. I had been downloading books from the library and moving them to my Nook. The books downloaded but would not transfer to the Nook. The process worked fine for about 2 years then stopped. Never got an answer from Adobe when I posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jnon137,

Though your post didn't resolve the problem for me, it was good to know that I wasn't totally alone in this situation.

Like you, I have been able to purchase books in the past and they would transfer to my Nook without any trouble.

For the last few months the books will not transfer to Nook despite Kobo's advice to download ADE again. It looks

like your course of action in dumping ADE and changing to Kindle is my only option.

Thanks again for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same problem with my Sony ereader. I contacted Adobe who didnt want to know about me as Adobe Digital Editions is a free thing so therefore they say they are not trained, yes, no trained to deal with my issue. Can you believe it, they are not trained to deal with the problems Adobe Digital Editions  causes. All I want to do is to put the new book I bought legally on to my eReader. ADE wont recognise my eReader so therefore I cant put it on my eReader. unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines