• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can art from Animate CC be used in Character Animate?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a library of art and characters drawn in Flash and Animate CC. Does anyone know how to transfer this art, if possible, to Character Animate? It seems logical to transfer it over but I couldn't figure out how to get this art into a CC library. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently there isn't an easy / direct way to get Animate art into CH - not yet at least, we've heard it as a common request before.

What people have done in the past is brought things piece by piece into a PSD and renamed/organized that way. More manual and takes a while, but possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Ok Samurai and I understand it's still in Beta. If there's any way to please put in a request to create an import of the art as is, it would be so very much appreciated. Like many who use Animate CC, I have a library of art created over more than a decade (from when it was Flash) and it would save us countless hours and I imagine would then help boost Character Animate's popularity too.

Thank you and best regards,

Denis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am used to animating in Adobe Animate (which used to be called Flash), so for my animation in Character Animator I built a character in layers in Adobe Animate CC and exported the layers one by one into an eternal file.  Then I opened up my blank template in Photoshop, selected a layer and dragged the appropriate layer from the external file into the Photoshop stage.  I did that for each layer until I built my puppet.
Now I can use Character Animator for dialogue scenes and Adobe Animate for action scenes and the styles will match from shot to shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I think some other users have told us they do similar workflows. Whatever works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, yes, that works, though of course it would be great if one day the programs work seamlessly together. It's actually the only real 'complaint' I have about Adobe, to me the formats of its products aren't easily compatible with one another so customers have to spend a lot of time making them work together.

Thank you very much for hearing me out and sharing the above suggestion too.

Best,

Denis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines