• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat locks up for 10-30 sec after opening file

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Standard DC installed.  When I open a PDF file, the program starts ok, I can then scroll/view the pages for a few seconds.  Then, the program locks up.  Eventually if I keep clicking enough, the Windows header says "(Not Responding)".  Then after a 10-30 sec, the program becomes responsive again.  If I close the program and reopen the same file immediately, I get the same results.  After opening a PDF and getting through the initial problem time, and then I perform Save As, when the dialog window opens, it locks up again.

I have scoured the Internet for help.  Here are a few things I have done with no luck:

1. Edit preferences, security (enhanced) - Protected View Off, uncheck Enable Enhanced Security
  2. Remove Preferences folder from C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC and restart Acrobat.
  3. Help->Check for updates - received update on ~8/14/17.
  4. Help->Repair Installation
  5. Reduce the number of available recent documents to 1.

I operate in an enterprise environment, Windows 10 Enterprise v1607, OS Build 14393.1480, i7 processor, 24 GB RAM, 64 bit.  I have a few network drives connected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

I have found a workaround that works for me.  It is called Foxit Phantom.  It meets my needs and is very user friendly.

Thanks

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines