• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Frustration

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried different things to get this to work and still can't figure it out. I have a Canon 80D, which is supported. I've tried installing every mac plug-in for photoshop that is available on the site. They won't even open in Lightroom, I can't figure out how to get it to work. For some reason, I can open different types of raw formats, but not the .CR2 files my camera takes. Why??? How do I fix this? I have GBs of photos I need to edit....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Hi

Take this in steps

The Canon 80D requires Camera Raw 9.5 or later

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw 9.5 needs Photoshop CC it will not run with Photoshop CS versions. However if you have Photoshop CC then you might as well update to the latest version which is 9.12 (nine-twelve)

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

If you are using a CS version then you will need to convert your raw files to DNG - then open them with the Camera Raw version for your Photoshop. The DNG conve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, it's a Macbook Pro, 10.12.6 Sierra, Photoshop CS6, 13.0 x64, camera raw 9.1.1 (after trying all the others I went back to this version), Lightroom CS6, camera raw 9.3

The files are .CR2 files from the Canon EOS 80D, and I CAN see preview thumbnails in finder. I just can't open them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Take this in steps

The Canon 80D requires Camera Raw 9.5 or later

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw 9.5 needs Photoshop CC it will not run with Photoshop CS versions. However if you have Photoshop CC then you might as well update to the latest version which is 9.12 (nine-twelve)

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

If you are using a CS version then you will need to convert your raw files to DNG - then open them with the Camera Raw version for your Photoshop. The DNG convertor is free and is here (scroll down the page for the download link):

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you mean Lightroom 6 (there's no such thing as Lightroom CS6) - update that.

Lightroom 6.5 is equivalent to the required ACR 9.5. But of course go all the way to 6.12 while you're at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines