• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ram preview 15 layer ?

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would like to ram preview 15 cars passing by at the same time, here is my timeline :2017-08-04 21_46_31-Adobe After Effects CC 2017 - E__Documents_After Effects_cloning gto.aep _.png

Just like this :

giphy+%281%29+%281%29.gif

The problem is that the ram preview does not load, it gets stuck, is there a work around please ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2017 Aug 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without exact system info or other technical details. Aside from that I see nothing unusual. RAM previews are called that for a reason and always have a limited duration thatr is determined by the available system RAM. You may simply not have enough of it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AS Mylenium says, RAM Preview duration is governed by how much available RAM is in your computer.

To increase the duration of RAM Previews, reduce the preview resolution.  You can also reduce the preview frame rate from the Preview panel.

If you still don't get enough preview time you might need to consider adding more RAM to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answers

You are right, here are the specification of my PC:

Windows 7 64bit

12gb RAM

Intel i7

AE is installed on a SSD drive

Nvidia Geforce GT 425M

I just would like to do a ram preview of approximately 10s, that does not seem much, reducing the preview resolution does not seem to make it faster... It simply

I was wondering if by any chance, I was doing something wrong and AE was processing more stuff than it should ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say it gets stuck, could you be a bit more descriptive?

Also, what, exact, version number of AE are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Redcritimo,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines