• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat X Standard fails to open.

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My copy of Acrobat X Standard was purchased as a download copy in 2014.  The program was installed on my second drive and all files are there.  My primary drive bought the farm and is no more.  A new SSD and a clean install of windows 10 has me back in operation.  Unfortunately the Download folder was on the primary SSD and foolish me did not have backup for my computer so my sole original copy of acrobat is gone.  All files are in tack on my secondary drive, but when I try to open the program I get an error.  It requests that I uninstall and then reinstall the program.  It also states to contact Adobe for support and mention ERROR Code 6.  Adobe Tech support says my program is too old and they no longer have the expertise to provide support.  They recommended this forum.  So I am asking for help. .I do have the SETUP FILES folder that has the following files:  WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe, Setup.ini, setup.exe, AcroStan.msi, Data.cab, ABCPY.INI and 1031,1033/1036.mst files.  Rather than jump in and possibly screw something up by running these files I figure I should ask someone who has the experience to advise as to what I do next.  Help Please.

[email id and private info removed by moderator]

Message was edited by: ANAND SRI BHATTACHARYA

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Hi Joe,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

As per the description above, you are not able to install the Acrobat X Standard on your Windows 10 machine, Is that correct?

Sadly, the Acrobat 10 Standard is not compatible with newest Windows 10, and it may or may not work with Windows 10 operating system.

You may try to reinstall the Acrobat 10 Standard from the following link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Before installation, please remove any previously installed Ac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joe,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

As per the description above, you are not able to install the Acrobat X Standard on your Windows 10 machine, Is that correct?

Sadly, the Acrobat 10 Standard is not compatible with newest Windows 10, and it may or may not work with Windows 10 operating system.

You may try to reinstall the Acrobat 10 Standard from the following link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Before installation, please remove any previously installed Acrobat software using the Adobe Reader and Acrobat removal tool: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html

Reboot the computer and then install Acrobat 10 Standard.

Update this discussion with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines