• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent pixels included in downloaded shape?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a Forum. I've tried to find where else to ask this so, here goes and sorry if I am in the wrong place. I am new to photoshop and am enjoyin it. I have some Christmas shapes I purchased. The trees have "ball" decorations that are transparent. No matter what I have tried, clone, paint, etc., nothing covers the pixels. If the whole background layer is a color, that color will show through on SOME of the area. How can I trick those pixels? I've tried the brush "behind" method - doesn't work. Cloning works but then everything becomes one color. Any ideas? and where is the most appropriate place to ask this question. Thanks. (I'm an old grandma, so be sweet to me!)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot?

Are the files actual shapes? if so, then you can add a fill... Select your shape tool, open the properties panel - look in the window drop down if you don't see it - and change your stroke and fill.

2017-08-15_12-08-45.jpeg

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does the fill the shape but then leaves the "ornaments" on the tree transparent. I'll try honing in though. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I get. I want to fill those transparent pixels on the candy cane. I've played with magic wand, fill, brushes (overlay, behind, etc) The frustrating part is sometimes I get results and sometimes I don't and then I can't remember exactly what I did to get it to work! Any input is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melissa, I understand about the strokes and patterns BUT I've never seen that box about "live properties". If not too difficult, how did you get that one to pop up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grandma Rosalie. Grandpa here. Much depends upon what is displayed in the Layers panel. Post it. Without seeing it my guess would be to duplicate the Shape layer and then choose Layer > Rasterize > Shape. Follow that up with a Magic Wand selection of the center of the design and Edit > Fill with a color.I havecomp.jpg

I have a hunch the design was set up that way so that, instead of a solid color, your christmas card could include an image.

kida.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does work with the clipping mask if it is a picture or another design. I want to color it myself. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, My, thanks everyone. It looks good here because it picks up the color of the background. The white part (on photoshop) shows the transparent pixels and I can't fill. I am trying to "color" the white part myself to use on clothing. I have tried the magic wand and it is a little clumsy. A few things have kind of worked but not clean. I have applied it to a background and it picks up that color but only works if I merge and then copy which then picks up the shadow.

I was hoping there was a quick trick I haven't found yet.

Thanks everyone so very much. I will try all the suggestions and see what happens.

Who'd a "thunk" at 70 I'd be pondering such things. I'm having a ball with photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I got it. Created a transparent blank first layer. Added shape to second layer. Merged visible. Used paint brush to fill empty spots. Thanks everyone. It all helped. I got to fill the ornaments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines