Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp7 - Micorosft HTML Help compiling stops working

Oct 30, 2008 Oct 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When compiling a help document for Microsoft HTL Help, very quickly in the compiling right after the display window says "starting compilation...", I get a MS window saying "Robohelp has stopped working" and wants to close the program. It's beena couple of days since I did a compile and I've added several topics. Any suggestions on what to check for?

Thanks
Mark

using Vista with all the patches, RoboHelp 7 with it's latest patches.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2008 Oct 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark.

Is this problem limited to one project or are all projects affected. Open up one of the tutorials (or create a new project) and compile that to find out.

Also I have to ask, but is your project stored on a network drive? If so, this is a bad idea. Move it to a local drive and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2008 Nov 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum:
Thanks for the pointers. I did have the data on a network drive so I moved it to my local drive. The Robohelp project compile fine.

Unfortunatly moving the project to my local drive didn't help any. Still crashes as soon as the "Starting compilation..." message comes up.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2008 Nov 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If your source has been on a network drive it may be too late. RH uses an MS Access database to keep track of the files and other elements of your project and these are known to have problems when run over a network. Sometimes you can end up with a corrupt file.

What'd I'd do here is take a copy of the project. Then delete the topics you have added. Attempt to compile. If it works, the problem is with one of the created topics. Import each file in turn and compile after each one. This will determine which topic has the issue.

If the project won't compile at all, try deleting the project's .CPD file. If this doesn't work, read and follow the instructions at this link..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp