• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Draw wont send to Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that you recently dealt with an issue like the one I am having right now with Adobe draw and I was hoping you could help me!

So I have Adobe draw on my iPad Pro connected to my CC account. And I have Adobe Illustrator on my MacBook Air, connected to the same CC account.

Whenever I  "Send to Illustrator CC" in Adobe Draw on my iPad, it says "Sent!"but then nothing happens on my desktop. What gives?

Help please!!!  Thanks!  Katie

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

TOPICS
Sync to desktop apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Hi Katie.

Sorry it's not working A couple of things I'd like you to check with regard to sending your work to Illustrator CC:

* What version of Draw are you using? (Tap Setttings then About Draw.)

* Are you having the trouble with one drawing or multiple drawings? If you've only tried one, can you draw something really simple and try sending that?

* Make sure your desktop software is current. Illustrator CC  just had an update a couple of weeks ago; you should be using v21.1.0 (check this by opening

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Katie.

Try these things. In this order:

1. 1. First log in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw and make sure all the work on your device is synced to Creative Cloud. If it's not, leave the app open over wifi until all of the work on your device shows up there.

2. Next, on your desktop, Close Illustrator CC, log out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App(tap the CC icon, then the avatar icon, then Sign Out), restart your laptop, then log back in to Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Hi Hillary.

I completely understand how frustrating it is. A quick question: 

Are you running OS Catalina on your Macbook Pro? If you are, take a look at this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-draw/draw-work-not-launching-on-desktop-after-mac-os-catalina-update/td-p/10725972?page=1

Here's the content of it:

For anyone trying to send from Draw to a Mac running OS Catalina.

Intermittently, and only on some machines, the expected response to push notifications is failing; as a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katie.

Sorry it's not working A couple of things I'd like you to check with regard to sending your work to Illustrator CC:

* What version of Draw are you using? (Tap Setttings then About Draw.)

* Are you having the trouble with one drawing or multiple drawings? If you've only tried one, can you draw something really simple and try sending that?

* Make sure your desktop software is current. Illustrator CC  just had an update a couple of weeks ago; you should be using v21.1.0 (check this by opening the app and choosing About Illustrator from the Illustrator CC file menu). Also, since it's instrumental in work making it to the desktop, make sure the Creative Cloud Desktop App is v4.2.0.211 (to check that, click on the CC icon in the menu bar, then the Gear icon, then Preferences).

* Also, once you make sure all of your software is up-to-date, please close everything and restart your Macbook Air.

Let me know how things go.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I’m using version 4.2 – i just updated it.

Having trouble with all drawings, just tried your suggestion and it did the same thing where it says “Sent!” but doesn’t appear on my desktop.

Illustrator is v21.1.0

CC is v4.2.0.211

I tried restarting once before but I will do it again after sending this email.

Thanks,

Katie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Katie.

Try these things. In this order:

1. 1. First log in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw and make sure all the work on your device is synced to Creative Cloud. If it's not, leave the app open over wifi until all of the work on your device shows up there.

2. Next, on your desktop, Close Illustrator CC, log out of the Creative Cloud Desktop App(tap the CC icon, then the avatar icon, then Sign Out), restart your laptop, then log back in to Creative Cloud

3. Before you try to send from Draw, log out of Draw, (tap Settings, then the field with your name, then Sign Out), restart your device, then log back in to the app.

4. Once everything's running, try sending from Draw to the desktop again.

Let me know how things go.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Im having the exact same issue.

Ive followed all the steps above, but it still wont work..

Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marie.

I'm responding right now to your email through the in-app feedback.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica.

I'm sorry sending to Illustrator isn't working.

​I have a few questions and a couple of things I'd like you to check with regard to sending your work to Illustrator CC:

* Which version of Draw are you using?

​* Is this something that's just begun happening? Was sending to the desktop app and/or the CC Files folder working previously?

* When you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw does all the work that's on your device show up there? (Please check this if you have not already.)

* Are you getting a Sent! notification in the app?

* Finally, since it's super common for people to be signed in to the app with one login and the Creative Cloud Desktop App with another, make sure you're signed in to both Draw and desktop with the same login (Adobe ID and password). The best way to check that is to sign out of both Draw and the CC Desktop App then sign back in. (It's always a good idea before signing out of Draw to know that your work is synced to Creative Cloud.)

Please let me know and we'll go from there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, Sue! I signed in with different logins! Once I correct the login, it works like a charm. Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jessica.

Great. Just what I hoped.

Thanks for letting me know it's working.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue - I'm having this same problem

I've done all the steps listed above - logged out of everything, restarted both my computer and iPad and signed back in with the same User ID on both devices.

I'm using version 23.0.1 of Adobe Illustrator, Creative Cloud 4.7.0.400 and Adobe Draw 4.6.1

When I go to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw​ all my projects are showing up and I'm getting the 'sent' notification in Adobe Draw.

I tried drawing a simple shape in Adobe Draw and sending it through, again I get the 'sent' notification but nothing showing up in Illustrator.

I just got a new computer and am trying it for the first time on this computer - any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - I've tried to send the file from both my iPad Pro and iPhone to Illustrator and it won't work on either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI LuckyJ.

Are you able to contact me through the in-app feedback? (Tap the Settings icon in the lower nav, then from the menu that opens tap Send Feedback.) There are a couple of things I'll need you to check on the desktop but I'd also like to see you device/app information.

Let me know if you can't email through the app.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I’ve sent the info! Please let me know if you don’t receive it!!

Thanks,

Jenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it Jenn.

I'm responding right now.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

I am facing the same issue of not being able to send files from my iPad to MacBook. I have followed the steps that were given above yet I am still having issues sharing the files.

This wasn’t an issue until this morning. I am currently using Version 4.7 of Draw. When sharing files to Adobe Illustrator I still get a notification of it being sent but nothing on the MacBook end. I am currently using Adobe Illustrator 23.0.3

I logged out of abode cloud and Shut down both devices but still have had no luck. Is there any way you may be able to help?

Thanks,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure how to get a Draw file to transfer to Illustrator either. It says it was"Sent" but who knows where it goes or how to access it.

I did try the Download as PDF trick; it ends up in a Creative Cloud folder I never knew existed. It's just clumsy!

I'm using latest Illustrator CC (MacOS) and Draw 4.7 on iPad.

Michael F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi samuelw39625725​ and Michael Fischer​.

It sounds like "repairing" the Creative Cloud Desktop App might work for both of you but first a quick question:

Since it has a lot to do with whether mobile files make it to the desktop, make sure you're using version 4.8.2.476 of the Creative Cloud Desktop App (check that by clicking on the CC icon in the menu bar, then the three stacked dots next to the avatar, then Preferences).

(Michael when you send from Draw, and get a Sent! notification in the app, Illustrator should launch on your computer with the Draw artwork in a new artboard.)

Please let me know if you're using the most recent version of the CC Desktop App and we can go from there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

Yes, I am using Creative Cloud 4.8.2.476.

The funny thing last night after being away from my computer for 4 hours, with no Illustrator files opened. From within Illustrator I opened a file, and boom, 4 copies of the Draw file from earlier in the afternoon also opened up.

I'll fool around with it later today.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue Garibaldi

I tried with another drawing on the iPad. Nothing shows up.

I go to Adobe Creative Cloud and I can see the file, "Map 2" in the Recent section, but I can do nothing with it except open a JPEG screenshot. It does not show up in any of my Libraries.

So, I signed out of Creative Cloud on mobile and on the desktop, relaunched CC on the desktop and immediately Illustrator opened up the file. I guess that is my solution going forward; not exactly seamless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael.

Definitely not seamless. And definitely not how it should be working. I'd like you to follow the instructions in this this post (Re: Can't transfer from Draw on iPad/iPhone to Illustrator on computer, even after logging out and b... ) and "repair" the CC Desktop App.

To make it a bit easier, here are the instructions I posted there:

I'd like you to first try repairing the CC Desktop App and if that isn't an option, or it doesn't work, I'd like you to uninstall/reinstall it. (The problem with an uninstall/reinstall is that it also uninstalls the desktop apps so if you have to an uninstall make sure you have a bit of time and that all your work is closed.)

Here's how to do that:

* Go to your Applications folder

* Click on Adobe Creative Cloud

* There should be an Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud application in there. Click on it. At this point you'll have to enter your computer's admin password at this point. Do that..

* Another window will pop up asking if you want to Uninstall or Repair. If you have the Repair option choose that first.

* Then close everything and restart your computer.

* Before sending from Draw again... Sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/mobilecreations and make sure all the work that's on your iPad shows up there. Then sign out of Draw, restart your iPad, then sign back in to the app. Then try sending a simple drawing again.  If that send works, try a couple of different drawings.

Let me know how things are going after you do the repair.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did repair the CC Desktop App, but I still could not get any Draw files to transfer.

Next I will uninstall my desktop CC apps when I have free time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael.

Hmmm.... OK. I'm sorry, the repair usually works for people. (Did you restart everything and then try sending?)

If the reinstall doesn't work then I may need you to collect some logs for me but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm facing the same problem of not being able to "Open in Illustrator CC" even though I have managed to successfully send artworks to my Creative Cloud as a PDF and PSD.

I'm using the most up to date of all programs and have restarted my computer recently.

Is there anything you can do to help?

Best,

Joelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joelle.

I was just helping someone with the same problem yesterday. A quick question:

Since it has a lot to do with whether mobile files make it to the desktop, a quick question:

What version of the Creative Cloud Desktop App  are you using? (Check that by clicking on the CC icon in the menu bar, then the three stacked dots next to the avatar, then Preferences.)

Let me know what version it is and we can go from there. It might be necessary to repair that.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines