• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Inconsistency

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR CC (on Windows 10) fairly regularly, mostly for time lapse photography.  But as of today, I'm having a problem that seems to have appeared out of nowhere.

I have edited an image (RAW) but when exported (burned as full size JPEG) the image does not contain all of the edits, it is of poorer quality and there seems to be weird static-like wavy lines.  Having burned thousands of full size JPEGs from LR over many years, I have never experienced a noticeable difference in the exported image than what is final in the Develop module.

Another new thing that seems to have appeared today is that the image in the Library module changes to a different and poorer quality image.  While this is annoying, I can live with it and only mention it as it could be related to my export issue.

Here is what the image looks like in the Develop module:

LRproblem1.png

This is what it looks like in the Library module:

LRproblem2.png

But more importantly, this is what it looks like after exporting as full size JPEG:

IMG_0052 (Large).jpg

Note the weird static-like wavy lines which are definitely not present in the Developed image.  Also, not as clear as the image in the Develop module.

Here are my export settings - (again I haven't ever changed these and exports have previously been fine):

LRproblem3.png

I have updated LR CC to the newest version, restarted my computer and still getting the same poor exported image.

Apologies for starting a new thread but I can't see any relevant help in previous threads.  Can anyone fix this?

Thanks,  David.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

I am fascinated by the patterns in the JPG.  (but not with an answer- sorry)

To me they look like moire patterns Moiré pattern - Wikipedia

If they were jpg artifacts they might appear more 'blocky'. JPG Image Artifacts

Have you tried viewing the jpg at different magnifications? the moire pattern may be the interaction of the jpg pixels with the monitor screen pixels.

Digital artifact - Wikipedia

Tone 'stepping' is a known artifact that occurs in jpg files mostly in areas of similar tones that have

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fascinated by the patterns in the JPG.  (but not with an answer- sorry)

To me they look like moire patterns Moiré pattern - Wikipedia

If they were jpg artifacts they might appear more 'blocky'. JPG Image Artifacts

Have you tried viewing the jpg at different magnifications? the moire pattern may be the interaction of the jpg pixels with the monitor screen pixels.

Digital artifact - Wikipedia

Tone 'stepping' is a known artifact that occurs in jpg files mostly in areas of similar tones that have a slow progression of luminance (like skies! as your image does) when the image is compressed from 16bit down the 8bit.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you provide us a sample image along with the adjustments you've done on the image.

--

Bhargav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines